October 5, 2015
- Reverend Nam Soo Choi, a prayer leader and pastor from South Korea, recently led a community-wide prayer service in Grand Rapids, Mich. in which he called for a revival in the city.
Leading Bible study for millennials who are ‘so happy being certainly uncertain’
October 5, 2015
October 4, 2015
Clergy Peer Learning Groups will become a reality within the Diocese of Philadelphia and Eastern Pennsylvania this coming year thanks to a $25,000.00 grant awarded by the Pastoral Excellence Network [PEN]. The Clergy Peer Learning Program—Honoring Orthodox Pastoral Excellence [HOPE]—builds upon a preexisting diocesan endeavor that had brought active priests together for mutual support,...
[Episcopal News Service – Seoul, South Korea] Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori preached Oct. 3 at the Cathedral of St. Mary and St. Nicholas in downtown Seoul.
She spoke through a translator whose voice has been edited out of this video after her introductory remarks. Jefferts Schori preached on the Gospel reading for the day,...
October 3, 2015
[Episcopal News Service – Seoul, South Korea] Korean Anglicans welcomed friends from across the communion Oct. 3 as they celebrated 125 years of ministry based in inculturation, mission and evangelism.
The festive Eucharist at the Cathedral of St. Mary and St. Nicholas in downtown Seoul drew an overflow crowd. Many people sat on blue stools in the...
- Newsline for Oct. 2, 2015
- Brethren bits for Oct. 2, 2015
- Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) is offering a workshop to train volunteers on Friday, Oct. 30, at 5 p.m., to Saturday, Oct. 31, at 7:30 p.m., at Frederick Church of the Brethren, 201 Fairview Avenue, Frederick, Md.
- “The Gospel of Mark and 21st Century Ministry” is the theme of a continuing education event sponsored by the Susquehanna Valley Ministry Center and held on the campus of Juniata College in Huntingdon, Pa.. The event is planned for Monday, Nov. 9, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the college’s Von Liebig Center.