July 22, 2014
- At Bangkok Adventist Hospital, Church president asks for prayers for institution affected by months of civil unrest
- Pastors and Chaplains are familiar with populations in crisis and with the reality of families grieving the loss of a spouse or parent. But we also realize that real needs are often overlooked in these cases.
Taiwan Church News
July 14 - July 20, 2014
Editorial: The Carefully Investigated Certainty
Sinckan Manuscripts, some called it Sinckan language, is the earliest writing documents in current Taiwan existent historic records. This is a writing language used by the Siraya tribe to write contract with the Dutch. So the Taiwanese then called it Phan-Ah-Keh(the Barbarian Contract)....
- A review of the day, Sunday, July 20, at National Youth Conference 2014.
- United Church of Christ leaders applauded a recent executive order as another step forward in the recognition of LGBT rights.
- It's time to turn up the burners and get the waters boiling with more education, more advocacy, more outreach, more funding – more of all that it takes to end the HIV epidemic by 2030.
- Two experiential and reflective worship education events in Minnesota and Colorado, will be the inaugural events for the UCC's Stillspeaking Worship Institute, aiming to bring together pastors, worship leaders and lay leaders to network and create around outreach to special needs families and outreach to the arts and music.
July 21, 2014
- “It’s exciting to have so many countries represented here, as well as people from across the US,” said NYC coordinator Tim Heishman, in his welcome to the reception for International Guests and Scholarship Recipients at National Youth Conference 2014.
- The bus pulled out of the Elizabethtown (Pa.) Church of the Brethren parking lot at 5 a.m. last Sunday, bound for National Youth Conference. There were 30 youth, 9 advisors, and 1 bus driver aboard, representing the Elizabethtown, Mt. Wilson, and Madison Avenue congregations. Together they took several days to drive across the country, making stops in Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Colorado Springs, before reaching Fort Collins just in time for NYC.