April 16, 2014
- Fred Drummond, director of prayer for the Evangelical Alliance, concludes his reflecitons on the Psalms...
- Thanks to the efforts of Emmanuel Reformed United Church of Christ, the students of Franklin Regional Senior High School and the community of Murraysville, Penn., are returning some sense of normal life.
April 15, 2014
Seeking Pastors within the Pan Asian English Ministry
April 15, 2014
- 1) General secretary, mission and service executive visit with Brethren in Nigeria. 2) Volunteers to set out on ‘BVS Coast to Coast’ bicycle tour. 3) Going to the Garden grants are available. 4) ‘Shine’ fall quarter and starter kits are now available for children’s Sunday school. 5) Courtney Hess to direct Lilly Grant project at Bethany. 6) Brethren bits
- Church of the Brethren general secretary Stanley J. Noffsinger has visited Nigeria for the Majalisa or annual meeting of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN--the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria), with Global Mission and Service executive Jay Wittmeyer. Noffsinger wrote this e-mail report April 14 from the capital city of Abuja on the last day of the trip.
- In this issue: A correction, remembering Josh Copp, Material Resources seeks truck driver/warehouser, Bridgewater College celebrates the installation of president David Bushman, a new Springs folder for the Easter Season, Earth Day Sunday resources from Creation Justice Ministries.
- “Shine,” the new Christian education curriculum from Brethren Press and MennoMedia, is now available to congregations for the fall quarter. Also available now are two starter kits: The Shine Starter Kit with a quarter’s worth of Shine materials; and the Shine Multiage Starter Kit for congregations with a range of age groups.
- As this time of year rolls around, we begin witnessing the appearance of new life, both the new life Jesus Christ gives us all through the miracle of Easter resurrection, and the new life we see in our environment as we move into Spring.
- His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America attended yesterday, an Easter Prayer Breakfast at the White House, for approximately 90 Christian religious leaders from all over the United States.