January 22, 2015
- Twenty-five classis leaders and stated clerks, representing each of the 12 classes in Canada, recently met at the denominational offices in Burlington, Ontario to discuss the current state of classis in Canada, and possibilities for the future of classis.
[Episcopal News Service] Entonces se le acercó Pedro y le dijo: Señor, ¿cuántas veces perdonaré a mi hermano que peque contra mí? ¿Hasta siete? Jesús le dijo: No te digo hasta siete, sino aun hasta setenta veces siete”. Mateo 18:21-22.
Al menos el 90 por ciento de la labor de consejería de la psicóloga Ona Graham con individuos y familias conlleva el asistir a aquellos a los que anima el resentimiento y guardan rencores… enseñarles a las personas a...
- The Evangelical Alliance, representing more than two million evangelical Christians, is disappointed that the Page 3 topless models have returned after a refreshing break that lasted just 72 hours. Steve Clifford calls on Rupert Murdoch to take firm leadership to end this old-fashioned topless parade.
January 22, 2015
Discover the many benefits found in the ancient art and practice of Christian pilgrimage during Holy Week, April 2 - April 5,...
“We believe that God calls us to hear the cries of the poor and the groaning of creation and to follow the public mission of Jesus Christ who came so that all may have life and have it in fullness (John 10:10). Jesus brings justice to the oppressed and gives bread to the hungry; he frees the prisoner and restores sight to the blind (Luke 4:18); he supports and protects the downtrodden, the stranger, the orphans and the widows.”...
- When one part suffers, all suffer. Here Zoe Smith from Open Doors digs deeper into their World Watch List 2015, which details the reality of life for persecuted Christians across the globe.
- After ten plus weeks of turbulent talks the fact an agreement was reached at all on 23 December surprised many. Although a lot of detail is still needed, the Evangelical Alliance welcomes the spirit of this Agreement and the attempt to work together for reconciliation.
- Members of Bethany Christian Church received their choice of quilt squares for their contributions to their CWS Blanket Sunday last fall.
January 21, 2015
- NIGERIA NEWS: 1) Donations to Nigeria Crisis Fund meet board’s matching challenge. 2) Some Nigerian Brethren are attacked again after returning to their homes. 3) Suffering under Boko Haram: The horror of what everyday life in northeast Nigeria has become. MORE NEWS: 4) Groundbreaking consultation explores the meaning and practice of ‘believers baptism’ for the future unity of the church. 5) GFCF supports agriculture in North Korea, garden project for inmates in Brazil, farmer’s market in New...