April 15, 2014
- Church of the Brethren general secretary Stanley J. Noffsinger has visited Nigeria for the Majalisa or annual meeting of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN--the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria), with Global Mission and Service executive Jay Wittmeyer. Noffsinger wrote this e-mail report April 14 from the capital city of Abuja on the last day of the trip.
- In this issue: A correction, remembering Josh Copp, Material Resources seeks truck driver/warehouser, Bridgewater College celebrates the installation of president David Bushman, a new Springs folder for the Easter Season, Earth Day Sunday resources from Creation Justice Ministries.
- “Shine,” the new Christian education curriculum from Brethren Press and MennoMedia, is now available to congregations for the fall quarter. Also available now are two starter kits: The Shine Starter Kit with a quarter’s worth of Shine materials; and the Shine Multiage Starter Kit for congregations with a range of age groups.
- As this time of year rolls around, we begin witnessing the appearance of new life, both the new life Jesus Christ gives us all through the miracle of Easter resurrection, and the new life we see in our environment as we move into Spring.
- His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios of America attended yesterday, an Easter Prayer Breakfast at the White House, for approximately 90 Christian religious leaders from all over the United States.
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 4/15/14)—A growing ministry in many churches across the country, parish nursing is becoming a vital part of congregational and community ministry. Whether as members of the church staff or as volunteer ministry leaders, parish nurses share their specialized training and experience with God’s people.
In this new addition to the best-selling “Work of the Church” series, author Julia Quiring-Emblen takes you inside the parish nurse vocation to...
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 4/15/14)—Orlando L. Tibbetts, Jr., 94, of Penney Farms, Florida, died on Wednesday, March 26, 2014, at the Pavilion for Health Care in Penney Farms, Florida. Tibbetts was a former executive minister for American Baptist Churches of Connecticut (ABCCONN).
“Dr. Tibbetts served the American Baptist Churches well for many years, retiring after 11 years of service as Executive Minister of the American Baptist Churches of Connecticut. Many of us have...
- The Christian Reformed Church in North America’s Disability Concerns office is helping to sponsor two upcoming, annual conferences in Canada — one in Ontario and the other in Manitoba.
- The bigger the disaster, the longer the recovery.