March 7, 2014
- After more than 20 years of leading the United Church of Christ’s Council for Health and Human Services Ministries, the Rev. Bryan Sickbert has announced his retirement as president and CEO of the ministry at the end of 2014.
- For the past six years, students from Hood College have spent their spring breaks at Franklinton Center at Bricks serving and learning in various ways, and this year is no different, as seven students return March 9-14 for a service trip where they will instill the importance of reading in children ages 5 to 11.
March 6, 2014
- B’nai B’rith International has issued the following statement:
Amid reports that Jonathan Pollard has been hospitalized and his condition is said to be declining, B’nai B’rith calls for his release on humanitarian grounds. B’nai B’rith has consistently called for clemency for Pollard.
Pollard, 59, was sentenced to life in a federal prison in 1987 after being convicted of spying for Israel. The...
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Applications are now being accepted for a Major Gifts Officer in the Development Office on the staff of the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society (DFMS).
The Major Gifts Officer position information is located here.
Information on all available positions as well as application instructions are...
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] The Episcopal Church Joint Nominating Committee for the Election of the Presiding Bishop (JNCPB) has issued information on its timeline for nominations for the next Presiding Bishop.
The Joint Nominating Committee for the Election of the Presiding Bishop (JNCPB) continues its work and is pleased to share with the Church its timeline for the process for the election of the Presiding Bishop at the 78th General...
- The former U.S. Secretary of State, a lifelong United Methodist, and the church’s official women’s organization share a concern for women and children.
Increase in church workers’ pensions is largest since 1999
March 6, 2014
- Advocates recommend National Day of Religious Freedom in country
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Opportunities abound to assist the self-sustaining ministry of Navajoland, a regional district in the Episcopal Church. Ideas to help sustain Navajoland by volunteering or donating are offered at a visually engaging new website here.
The website was produced by the Episcopal Church Office of Communication in collaboration...
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Applications are now being accepted for the Staff Assistant for Content Management and Digital Publishing in the Executive Offices of the General Convention of the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society (DFMS).
The Staff Assistant for Content Management and Digital Publishing will be based at the Church Center in New York City. Position information is located ...