April 29, 2015
- In mid-April, Chiques Church of the Brethren in Manheim, Pa., sponsored a dinner and silent auction to help support the Nigeria Crisis Fund. Jennifer Cox, one of the event organizers, said, “Church of the Brethren in the United States has responded to the crisis with an outpouring of resources to bring relief and hope to our brothers and sisters in Nigeria who are living daily with the threat of violence.”
- Nigeria Crisis Response co-directors Carl and Roxane Hill continue a series of articles introducing leaders of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria). In today’s piece, the Hills interview EYN general secretary Rev. Jinatu Wamdeo, and his late brother Bulus Libra, a lay pastor and a leader in the Margi-speaking community:
- “Way to Live: Justice and Forgiveness” is part of a continuing series of webinars for those involved in youth and young adult ministry. It is offered Tuesday, May 5, at 8 p.m. (Eastern time), with leadership from Marie Benner-Rhoades of the staff of On Earth Peace. For more information go to the Facebook event page at www.facebook.com/events/1407556442833102 .
- In this issue: District administrative assistants meet, Fahrney-Keedy Home and Village seeks CEO, Material Resources seeks warehouse assistant, Youth and Young Adult Ministry seeks 2015-2016 assistant to serve through BVS, Bethany featured in the “Palladium-Item,” Shenandoah District Disaster Ministries Auction is May 15-16, and more news from colleges and the John Kline Homestead.
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori has written to the House of Bishops and President of the House of Deputies the Rev. Gay Clark Jennings has written to the House of Deputies outlining details of elections and confirmations that will occur during General Convention.
The 78th General Convention of The Episcopal Church is June 25 – July 3, in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Episcopal Church’s...
- Members of the Anglican Diocese of Saskatoon joined other denominations on Saturday, April 18 for a day-long ecumenical response to the ongoing crisis of missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls. Taking place in the city’s Mayfair United Church, Voices of Our Sisters: Standing Together in Hope brought together a range of speakers, and included...
April 29, 2015
American Baptist Churches USA (ABCUSA) joins with the National Council of Churches (NCC), the churches of Baltimore and many others in calling for justice and an end to violence.
In the wake of the death of Freddie Gray and the violence that has followed, ABCUSA joins the NCC in calling for sweeping changes to policing methods and procedures that will finally address the causes for the rage...
The national officers of the United Church of Christ have released a statement in response to the unanswered questions surrounding the death of 25-year-old Freddy Gray, who died from a spinal injury on April 19, which he suffered while in the custody of the Baltimore Police Department.