October 20, 2016
Entidades fueron creadas por acciones de la 222ª Asamblea General (2016)
October 20, 2016
- The Evangelical Alliance is to launch a brand new evangelism resource hub.
October 19, 2016
- NEWS 1) Partnership in prayer is requested throughout the church 2) Budget for 2017, grants for hurricane relief, discussion of state of the church on the agenda of Mission and Ministry Board 3) UN Working Group on People of African Descent presents findings 4) Brethren bits
- In this issue: Remembering Galen and Doris Beery, personnel notes, Workcamp Ministry announcement, Christian women’s letter, Musa Mambula receives award, webinar on Syria, Harrisburg First celebrates anniversary, Miami congregation collects for Haiti, the Gathering, Election Day Love Feast at Brethren Woods, and more news by, for, and about Brethren.
- Letters Follow Adoption of UNESCO Resolution Erasing Jewish Ties to Jerusalem
B’nai B’rith has sent letters to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Director-General Irina Bokova asking them to correct statements they issued Friday failing to recognize Jerusalem's Temple Mount as the holiest site in Judaism. While acknowledging the two leaders' implied...
- The Working Group of Experts on the People of African Descent was established in 2002 following the World Conference against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia, and Related Intolerance. Their mandate was renewed by the Commission on Human Rights and the Human Rights Council in various resolutions during the subsequent years leading up to their 2016 findings which were put forward at the Sept. 26 meeting of the council.
- Financial reports and a budget proposal for 2017, grants for disaster relief following Hurricane Matthew, along with discussion of the state of the church and root causes of current tensions were all on the agenda of the fall meeting of the Mission and Ministry Board of the Church of the Brethren.
- Partnership in prayer throughout the church is requested as the Leadership Team of the Church of the Brethren and the executive committee of the Council of District Executives meet Nov. 1-2 to work on the task assigned from this past summer’s Annual Conference. The delegate body referred the concerns of the “Query: Same Sex Weddings” to the Leadership Team in consultation with the Council of District Executives “to bring clarity and guidance concerning the authority of Annual Conference and...