October 17, 2014
- Emmanuel Community School is celebrating its first year in an independent building, 90 pupils, a brilliant first Ofsted report and the success of building a free school based on Christian values.
[Church Times] The Archbishop of Canterbury spent two days earlier this month with Church of Ireland leaders, congregations, and their communities, on both sides of the Border, as part of his worldwide visitation among provinces of the Anglican Communion.
Accompanied by his wife, Caroline, he visited reconciliation projects led by Anglican churches in their communities in Belfast, Armagh, and Dublin.
He was welcomed by the Church of Ireland Primate, Dr Richard...
[The Daily Telegraph] Isil poses a “once in a millennium” threat to the survival of Christians in the Middle East, the Archbishop of Canterbury said on Thursday.
The Most Rev Justin Welby compared the Isil terrorists who have seized large areas of Iraq and Syria to the Mongol hordes who invaded the Middle East in the thirteenth century, massacring whole populations.
[Anglican Alliance] In a recent visit to the Diocese of Peshawar, Pakistan, Andy Bowerman, Co-Director for the Anglican Alliance, heard from those affected by the bombing of All Saints Church last year. He writes this reflection.
“Last year was the worst year of my life. I do not see things getting better in the near future,” says Uzma Insar, a 33-year-old homemaker, who belongs to the Christian community of Peshawar....
- The recent consultation opens discussion around life, personhood and abortion...
Video gamers can help change the world, McGonigal says at launch of SFTS’s Center for Innovation in Ministry
October 17, 2014
- As the Ebola outbreak touches more people in our country, UCC leaders and health advocates are urging people of faith to arm themselves with the facts regarding this epidemic and respond as individuals and church communities are they are able.
- For the first time in recent history, the national setting of the United Church of Christ will operate on a balanced budget in 2015, a big step toward fulfilling a promise for fiscal stability made last year by both the national officers of the church and the United Church of Christ Board.
October 16, 2014
- Litovchenko was held for 20 days