July 1, 2016
- Shawn Kirchner, Mutual Kumquat, and Andy and Terry Murray performed in a hymn sing and concert sponsored by Bethany Theological Seminary, after worship on the first evening of the 2016 Annual Conference. The Guilford Ballroom at the Koury Convention Center in Greensboro, N.C., was packed with Brethren eager to sing their hearts out and hear the work of these fine musicians.
With various states enacting laws giving rights to some while restricting the rights of others, the...
- After a morning of spirited discussion among delegates, “Query: Same Sex Weddings” continues to be on the business floor of Annual Conference. A Standing Committee recommendation on the query failed to gain a two-thirds majority vote. A motion to return the query was made immediately before the end of the morning business session.
- First-ever U.N. event brings together 9,000 people from 173 countries, including 55 heads of state
- The Rev. A.W. “Bill” Martin Jr., emeritus professor of religion at United Methodist-related Oklahoma City University, offers some timely advice in a letter to new ordinands about applying what they learned in seminary.
- The role the Christian Reformed Church played in helping to end the Civil War in Sierra Leone in 2002 is highlighted in the new book Advocating for Justice: An Evangelical Vision for Transforming Systems and Structures.
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Registration is now open for Called to Transformation, an Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) facilitator formation workshop at the Bosque Center, Diocese of Rio Grande, Albuquerque, NM on September 19-22.
Called to Transformation is a partnership between...
July 1, 2016
The Presbyterian Church (...