July 22, 2014
- Pastors and Chaplains are familiar with populations in crisis and with the reality of families grieving the loss of a spouse or parent. But we also realize that real needs are often overlooked in these cases.
Taiwan Church News
July 14 - July 20, 2014
Editorial: The Carefully Investigated Certainty
Sinckan Manuscripts, some called it Sinckan language, is the earliest writing documents in current Taiwan existent historic records. This is a writing language used by the Siraya tribe to write contract with the Dutch. So the Taiwanese then called it Phan-Ah-Keh(the Barbarian Contract)....
- A review of the day, Sunday, July 20, at National Youth Conference 2014.
July 21, 2014
- “It’s exciting to have so many countries represented here, as well as people from across the US,” said NYC coordinator Tim Heishman, in his welcome to the reception for International Guests and Scholarship Recipients at National Youth Conference 2014.
- The bus pulled out of the Elizabethtown (Pa.) Church of the Brethren parking lot at 5 a.m. last Sunday, bound for National Youth Conference. There were 30 youth, 9 advisors, and 1 bus driver aboard, representing the Elizabethtown, Mt. Wilson, and Madison Avenue congregations. Together they took several days to drive across the country, making stops in Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Colorado Springs, before reaching Fort Collins just in time for NYC.
- Bishop Melchisedek , Bishop of Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania opened the Forum with a message of encouragement and support.AnnMarie Mecera (left) shared principles and ideas for determining successful charitable outreach for the small parish....
- “We were all brainstorming with the coordinators,” said Rhonda Pittman Gingrich, a former NYC coordinator herself, “to think of an event that would help people mix together, get to know each other while having a great time, while letting the agencies tell a little of their story.”
July 21, 2014
It is with great sadness and deep concern that we join our voice with the voice of the church in Iraq to cry out against the terrible attack being waged against...
- B’nai B’rith International has issued the following statement:
B’nai B’rith International is outraged by reports that the approximately 20 rockets found last week in a Gaza school run by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) were returned by the U.N. agency to local authorities, when control of Gaza continues to be dominated by Hamas terrorists.
The United Nations was...