October 20, 2016
Taiwan Church News
October 10 - 16, 2016
Together With Schools, Hospital And Community, Yong-fu Presbyterian Church Sends A Cargo Of Clothes And Shoes To Uganda
Reported by Simon Lin
A charity event, Let Our Love Reach Uganda, was initiated without too much notice from Yong-fu Presbyterian church of Changhua City on September 5....
- The St. Louis Union Station Hotel by Doubletree
The members of the Holy Synod of Bishops of the Orthodox Church in America, during the course of their Fall Session here October 18-21, 2016, gave their blessing to convene the 19th All-American Council at the Saint Louis Union Station Hotel, Saint Louis, MO, July 23-27, 2018...
Entidades fueron creadas por acciones de la 222ª Asamblea General (2016)
October 20, 2016
- The Evangelical Alliance is to launch a brand new evangelism resource hub.
October 19, 2016
- NEWS 1) Partnership in prayer is requested throughout the church 2) Budget for 2017, grants for hurricane relief, discussion of state of the church on the agenda of Mission and Ministry Board 3) UN Working Group on People of African Descent presents findings 4) Brethren bits
- In this issue: Remembering Galen and Doris Beery, personnel notes, Workcamp Ministry announcement, Christian women’s letter, Musa Mambula receives award, webinar on Syria, Harrisburg First celebrates anniversary, Miami congregation collects for Haiti, the Gathering, Election Day Love Feast at Brethren Woods, and more news by, for, and about Brethren.
- Letters Follow Adoption of UNESCO Resolution Erasing Jewish Ties to Jerusalem
B’nai B’rith has sent letters to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Director-General Irina Bokova asking them to correct statements they issued Friday failing to recognize Jerusalem's Temple Mount as the holiest site in Judaism. While acknowledging the two leaders' implied...
- The Working Group of Experts on the People of African Descent was established in 2002 following the World Conference against Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia, and Related Intolerance. Their mandate was renewed by the Commission on Human Rights and the Human Rights Council in various resolutions during the subsequent years leading up to their 2016 findings which were put forward at the Sept. 26 meeting of the council.