October 8, 2015
“What would we do if we were brave and faithful?” In Southern New England, three United Church of Christ Conferences are answering that question by joining together to examine a future of shared ministry.
- United Methodist is one of 50 international guests at President’s higher ed event on interfaith cooperation, community service.
- The first-of-its-kind expo offered free health screenings and activities from the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Church leaders also announced service projects to coincide with the anniversary celebration.
Why is the black population in Oregon so small? That's a question that an Oregon congregation of the United Church of Christ will attempt to explore this weekend, when it hosts a community-wide discussion on the history of African Americans in Oregon.
- The Brussels Office of the Baha'i International Community (BIC) recently participated in Europe's largest annual human rights and democracy conference-the Human Dimension Implementation Meeting (HDIM). The event is organized the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) and took place from 21 September until 2 October in Warsaw, Poland. 57 countries from among the OSCE states...
Taiwan Church News
September 21 - 27, 2015
All Forms Of Discrimination Against Women Are Urged To Scrape Down
Reported by Chiu Kuo-rong
In the morning on 19 September, a book launch about the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women was held by Taiwan New Century Foundation at NTU Alumini Resort. Inside this new book, there are 15...
- A vicar is skydiving to raise money for the Church Missionary Society
October 7, 2015
- Archbishop Demetrios and Metropolitan Tikhon exchange greetings at Fordham installation.
His Eminence, Archbishop Demetrios of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon of the Orthodox Church in America delivered the opening and closing benedictions respectively at ceremonies marking the installation of Dr. George E. Demacopoulos as the inaugural holder of Fordham...