September 28, 2016
- Bishop Paul and Bishop Mstislav with reproduction of the Tikhvin Icon, July 2016.
His Grace, Bishop Mstislav of Tikhvin, Russia will join His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon and His Grace, Bishop Paul of Chicago at Holy Trinity Cathedral here for the celebration of the Feast of Saint John [Kochurov] of Chicago October 29-30, 2016.
The Feast of Saint John, who served as rector and builder of the...
The duty of leaders is to pursue freedom ceaselessly, even in the face of hostility, in the face of doubt and disappointment. Just imagine what could be.
- A snapshot of the denomination’s impact on the city through the lens of its oldest congregation.
[Anglican Communion News Service] More than 700 new believers were baptised at a celebratory service held to mark the 70th anniversary of the Church of South India. The moderators of the Church of South India (CSI) and the Church of North India (CNI) were both present at the service in St George’s Cathedral, Chennai, as was the metropolitan of the Mar Thoma Church and other senior clerics. There were more than 1,000 people in the congregation.
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 9/28/16)—American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) and American Baptist Foundation (ABF) are pleased to announce recipients of a total of $538,129 in grants from the Virginia and Gordon Palmer Jr. Trust, as awarded by ABF during ABHMS’ 2016 grant cycle:
- Cumberland Associations, American Baptist Churches (ABC) of Maine
- Judson Memorial Church, New York City
- Central Baptist Theological Seminary, Kansas City, Kan....
- Two things that North American believers might not put together are God’s saving grace and subwoofers. But in Haiti, they are like two sides of the same coin.
- Registration is now open to bicyclists and volunteers to participate on the Sea to Sea cross-continental bike tour that raises funds to help end extreme poverty worldwide.
- CRC leaders have released a statement calling pastors and others to speak out and to seek racial reconciliation in light of the recent killing of two black men by police officers in the U.S. and the killing of an Indigenous man in Canada.