June 27, 2016
Please keep those affected by the recent devastating flooding in West Virginia in your prayers. The flooding has left over 23 dead, according to CNN.
Additionally, remember in prayer those who are battling wild fires in California, as well as those affected by the ongoing fires covering over 45,000 acres of the state.
We encourage giving through One Great Hour of...
[Episcopal Diocese of Rochester press release] The...
- This morning in Greensboro, N.C., the Standing Committee of district delegates to the Church of the Brethren Annual Conference voted on a response to Query: Same Sex Weddings.
- B’nai B’rith International has issued the following statement:
B’nai B’rith International is dismayed by another series of recklessly distorted resolutions adopted on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict at the 222nd biennial General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
The mainline Protestant denomination again displayed a stunningly overt preoccupation with demonizing just one side of one...
- The drought in La Guajira has led to the deaths of 29 children this year.
- The nation's minister of education and culture encourage youth to apply the ministry's principles of love and respect to everyday life.
United Church of Christ activists are surprised, but joyful, about the U.S. Supreme Court’s 5-3 decision to strike down a Texas abortion access law that would have closed more than 75 percent of the clinics in the state by imposing unnecessary restrictions.
- A recent signing of a Memorandum of Understanding allows members to spread the Church's health message to 300,000 homes.