May 4, 2016
With the school year wrapping up in the weeks ahead, the Orthodox Church in America’s coast-to-coast summer camps will begin their 2016 season in June.
“We’d like to again post a complete listing of our OCA summer camps on the OCA web site,” said Andrew Boyd, OCA Youth Director. “We ask that camp directors and organizers send information to include in the listing to email@example.com and youth@...
Charles Wiley, author of ‘Polity Matters,’ to discuss call to faithfulness in the church
May 4, 2016
- I wondered if the outdoor service that my friend “Bear” Berends had asked me to conduct would be something of a funeral.
- Armondo grew up in a violent home. Most of his family was hooked on drugs or alcohol or both. Being in that environment took its toll and played a role in his committing the crime for which he is now serving time at Handlon Correctional Facility in Ionia, Mich.
As the rebuilding effort in the Philippines continues — more than two years after the most destructive storm to make landfall ripped through the South Pacific — the United Church of Christ continues to help shelter the survivors who lost everything.
After nearly a decade interval, the Arthur Turner Training School (ATTS) will open its doors again this fall, spearheading diocesan education across the Arctic from its new location at St. Jude’s Cathedral in Iqaluit.
Re-opening the school has long been a priority for the Anglican diocese of the Arctic, with the Rt. Rev. Darren McCartney, suffragan bishop and chair of the education committee, leading the charge. The effort received a major boost this year when the diocese received its...
- Our sisters and brothers at Red Crearte are creating resources to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the Reformation from a Latin American and ecumenical perspective. The Church of Scotland is recruiting for an innovative ministry among Glasgow’s arts... Read More
- After a smooth rollout to thousands who preregistered, the new Digital Library is now open to everyone in the CRC. Anyone who attends a Christian Reformed church can now visit the full library.
- “All we’re gonna do is pray,” Mwaya Wa Kitavi reminded the team again and again as it went out into the markets, schools, hospitals, government offices, and police stations of Nairobi, Kenya, and surrounding counties.