April 17, 2014
- The Paschal Message of His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon, is now available on the web site of the Orthodox Church in America. The original English text appears below. Translations into several other languages will be forthcoming. The Archpastoral Letter of His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon on the Great and Holy Pascha 2014 To the Venerable Pastors, God-loving Monastics and Devout Faithful of the Orthodox Church in America Christ is Risen! ...
In observance of the Feast of Feasts, Holy Pascha, the Chancery of the Orthodox Church in America will be closed from Great and Holy Thursday, April 17, through Bright Monday, April 21, 2014
Regular hours will resume on Bright Tuesday, April 22.
The OCA’s Officers, Chancery staff, and web team members wish one and all every blessing on the “bright and radiant Feast of Feasts!”
- Sussex, New Jersey is a hard-working community. Many farmers, tradesmen, and business owners usually see more than just a five-day work week. Yet they know family life takes work, too.
- A woman scans the remains of her makeshift home in the slums of Dhaka city, Bangladesh. No luck.
- Strategic planning for outreach brings new membership results
- Closed in 2011, UMW mission institution reopens with diverse support from churches, community.
- In India, a number of prominent religious leaders have commended the recent decision of Ayatollah Abdol-Hamid Masoumi-Tehrani to gift an artistic rendering of a verse from the Baha'i sacred writings to the Baha'is of the world. This action represents a profound appeal for religious coexistence and the recognition of the human dignity of all members of society. Ayatollah Tehrani's gift was...