July 25, 2016
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Two new videos feature the work of a $22,800 United Thank Offering grant at an international refugee center in 2015.
The first video features the Joel Nafuma Refugee Center, located in St. Paul’s Within the Walls Episcopal Church in Rome, Italy. The United Thank Offering grant paved the way for the hiring of staff, the...
- New president’s State of the Nation Address inspires hope in many.
[Episcopal News Service] La Iglesia Episcopal apoya de cerca el proceso de paz en Colombia. Tras 50 años de guerra, finalmente se ha acordado un cese al fuego definitivo, pero la Iglesia reconoce que enfrentar la reconstrucción del país y hacer llegar la justicia social será una ardua tarea.
“La paz no es solo el silencio de los fusiles y de las bombas, la paz es mucho más que eso… Es reconstruir todo un tejido social que ha estado roto por más de 50 años, la...
- Leonard Johnson is the first Adventist minister to receive the Companion of the Most Distinguished Order of Saint Michael and Saint George.
- Sitka’s historic Archangel Michael Cathedral.
With the blessing of His Eminence, Archbishop Benjamin of San Francisco and the West and the support of His Grace, Bishop David of Sitka and Alaska, a pilgrimage cruise and conference-at-sea will be held September 2-9, 2017.
An informational flyer is available on-line.
- Leaders call for churches in Germany to be places of refuge for affected families.
July 23, 2016
- NEWS 1) Mission and Ministry Board addresses budget concerns, sets stage for new financial campaign 2) Brethren sign on to letter urging steps to mend divisions between communities, law enforcement 3) Mission and service executive joins in meetings at White House, State Department 4) Situation in South Sudan deteriorates, Brethren donate vehicle to relief effort 5) CDS deployments to California, W. Virginia, mark record number so far this year 6) Haiti Medical Project expands to include...
- The Mission and Ministry Board of the Church of the Brethren held its summer meeting on June 29 in Greensboro, N.C., with a focus on finances. On the agenda were approval of a 2017 budget parameter for the Core Ministries of the denomination, approval of budget revisions for this year 2016, and affirmation of plans for a new financial campaign, among other business.