April 17, 2014
- Closed in 2011, UMW mission institution reopens with diverse support from churches, community.
- Clapham, London, a popular spot for young mothers with children who stroll around the park of an afternoon, have been mystified in the past few weeks by the appearance of a woman dressed as a rabbit jogging around the park
- In India, a number of prominent religious leaders have commended the recent decision of Ayatollah Abdol-Hamid Masoumi-Tehrani to gift an artistic rendering of a verse from the Baha'i sacred writings to the Baha'is of the world. This action represents a profound appeal for religious coexistence and the recognition of the human dignity of all members of society. Ayatollah Tehrani's gift was...
- It’s become a bit of a thing in recent years for church leaders to be getting down on their knees in the streets of their towns on Maundy Thursday to shine people’s shoes. It causes passers-by to stop in their tracks.
- Each day throughout Holy Week, Christian leaders are reflecting on the words of Jesus on the cross. Amy Boucher Pye looks at: "I thirst." John 19:28
- Easter is a time of resurrection, of spiritual reflection, rebirth and renewal. For the Rev. Cheryl Kerr, who calls the south Boston area home, those concepts will fuel her determination on Easter Monday, when she lines up with 36,000 athletes to run the Boston Marathon, and finish it this time. It's something this mother of three young children says she needs to do to heal, as a commitment to a different future.
- As people living in the United States, and as Christians, we should work to understand the connection between the mining of natural resources in Guatemala and in other parts of the world, including the United States, and the greed of corporations and individuals.
- Starting at age 7, Brynn Hackett set the lofty goal of raising $50,000 for refugees by the time she graduates from high school.
April 16, 2014
- Brethren Press is offering a variety of curriculum for this summer, including the final quarter of Gather ’Round, the predecessor to the new Shine curriculum; A Guide for Biblical Studies on the topic “The People of God Set Priorities” written by Al Hansell; and a Vacation Bible School curriculum from MennoMedia focused on biblical hospitality, titled “Give and Receive God’s Great Love.”