November 25, 2014
[Episcopal News Service] The Episcopal Church in Okatie, which recently became an official mission of The Episcopal Church in South Carolina, is on a journey of renewal which began on a dock.
- Nine fatalities in one United Methodist congregation, with others under treatment.
[Anglican Communion News Service] Christians in Pakistan worry that the persecution they have experienced to date may be “just the tip of the iceberg.”
In the latest newsletter from the Diocese of Peshawar, a list of 22 incidents of violence against Christians in the country since 2013 accompanied a warning that “things are likely to get worse” because of the possibility of the presence of an extremist group called...
November 25, 2014
[Episcopal Diocese of Kansas] Diocese of Kansas Bishop Dean Wolfe wrote the following letter to his diocese in response to recent developments in Ferguson, Missouri.
Like many of you, I waited with some trepidation for the grand jury to announce its decision on whether or not to indict a white police officer who shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri, this past summer. As I’ve said previously, Ferguson is not so far from...
- Church members will join in Colorado commemoration of massacre that a Methodist clergyman led against a Native American village.
- In July, as gunfire rained down on the city of Mosul, Iraq, Ibrahim Sahel and his wife took their savings and fled for safety with only the clothes they were wearing.
- Quiet praying filled the sanctuary of Calvary Christian Reformed Church in Holland, Mich., on the opening night of the West Michigan Regional Prayer Summit.
- When he looks out over a church before starting to preach, Rev. Scott Hoezee sees people who have brought a wide range of personal stories—some happy, some sad, some about triumph, and others about sorrow.