March 11, 2014
[Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut] The Rev....
- Do you have a heart for seeing the place in which you live transformed with the good news of Jesus Christ?
- Church historian calls it ‘most important reference work in half a century’
Did you know that the Kodiak Baptist Mission is celebrating its one-hundred and twentieth Anniversary?
On July 4, 2013 KBM began its 121 year of continuous service to the Children of Alaska. Today, just as it was in the very beginning, KBM is a vibrant influence in the lives of children living on this remote Alaskan Island. Being so firmly established in American Baptist history and Alaskan ministry, it’s hard to imagine the crisis this ministry faced, which almost...
Taiwan Church News
February 24 - March 2, 2014
Church Mnistry News
The 67th Anniversary Of 228 Massacre: We Can Forgive, But Would Never Forget
Reported by Chen Yi-Shuan / Chu Kuo-rong
To commemorate the 67th anniversary of the tragic 228 massacre, happened across Taiwan island in end February of 1947, many PCT local churches, affiliations, presbyteries and even local...
- In conversation with... Crawford Gribbens and Andrew Holmes
- The Fast for Families Across America bus tour will stop in Aurora on March 12 for a press conference at Mountain View United Church UCC followed by a community meeting at the immigrant-rights organization Rights for All People later that evening.
March 10, 2014
- CHICAGO (ELCA) -- The Conference of Bishops of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) has begun a new conversation about how the denomination funds its various ministries and expressions, particularly in a climate where giving patterns have changed. “We know that people are very faithful, but the way they give has changed,” according to the Rev. Elizabeth A. Eaton, ELCA presiding bishop. At her direction, she invited the Conference to explore a way in which this church “mi...
- The Brethren Village Retirement Community in Lancaster, Pa., will host this year’s Fellowship of Brethren Homes Forum on April 14-16. Representatives from member communities will be joined by several denominational staff members for three days of training, updates, networking, and sharing best practices in long-term care.
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Nuevo Amanecer 2014, a favorite conference in the Episcopal Church, will focus on God’s mission and the celebration of culture, diversity and the unique sense of fiesta (joy) fostered in the Latino/Hispanic Community.
With the theme Community * Mission * Fiesta, Nuevo Amanecer 2014 will be held August 25-28 at Kanuga Conference Center, North Carolina.