July 21, 2016
- Last week at the Alliance headquarters in London, threads an initiative of the Evangelical Alliance, held an event for millennials to discuss the issues around Brexit and what our response should be going forward in this next tumultuous season.
- A new website for the Baha'i House of Worship in Santiago, Chile, has recently been launched. The site, which can be accessed at templo.bahai.cl, has been redesigned in the lead up to the Temple's inauguration in October of this year. The beauty of the Temple's design, which the architect, Siamak Hariri, has described as "
[Anglican Communion News Service] The Anglican Alliance is helping to coordinate the response from Anglican churches and agencies around the world to the ongoing violence in South Sudan. A few days ago, they convened a conference call for partners across the Anglican Communion to hear from and speak with the leadership of the Episcopal Church of South Sudan and Sudan (ECSSS) and its relief and development arm SUDRA (the Sudanese Development and Relief Agency).
July 20, 2016
- B’nai B’rith International welcomes the renewal of formal diplomatic ties between Israel and the Republic of Guinea. In 1967, Guinea, a predominantly Muslim country, cut formal relations with the Jewish state. Earlier today in Paris, Israel’s Foreign Ministry Director-General Dore Gold met with Guinea’s Ibrahim Khalil Kaba, chief of staff to President Alpha Condé, to sign a document reestablishing official ties between the two...
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 7/20/16)—In response to recent acts of racially-motivated violence during this time of heightened racial tension across the United States, American Baptist Home Mission Societies (ABHMS) encourages dialogue to offer comfort, provide hope and promote healing.
To help launch American Baptist discussion, ABHMS has posted the reflections of an inter-racial group of American Baptist faith...
The Rev. Bob Davidson of Loveland, Colorado, is the new chair of the Episcopal Peace Fellowship’s 21 member National Executive Council.
Davidson, an associate rector at St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church in Estes Park, Colorado, is a hospice chaplain and social worker in the northern Colorado area. Davidson served as the convener of the Colorado EPF Chapter from 2010 -2015.
“We are pleased to welcome Bob to EPF’s...
- A United Methodist district superintendent will give the invocation Thursday night at the Republican National Convention.
The United Church of Christ is grieving the loss of one of its greatest champions, the Rev. John Deckenback.
- Alliance members Spring Harvest and Samaritan’s Purse will host a unity tour across the UK this autumn.