October 14, 2016
A pair of North American Christian denominations, the United Church of Christ and the United Church of Canada, are calling on baseball fans to support the cause of justice and reconciliation for Native peoples — and push the Cleveland baseball team to finally change its name and logo.
- This week's Friday Night Theology looks at the role of evangelical Christian leaders and their responses to Donald Trump's presidential campaign.
- Gatherings educate youth and women delegates on issues facing The United Methodist Church. The delegates are preparing for Philippines Central Conference meeting.
- Pam Simon, a United Methodist, was shot with her boss, U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords, and now joins her in advocacy.
Episcopal bishops from all six dioceses in California have issued a statement supporting Proposition 62, which, if passed, would repeal the death penalty. The statement follows.
Grace and peace to you, in the Name of Jesus Christ. We are the bishops of the six dioceses of the Episcopal Church in California. We believe that the citizens of our state face a profound moral choice this November in the form of Proposition 62. That measure, if approved, will end the death penalty in...
- World Renew is responding after Hurricane Matthew left a path of destruction and heartbreak across the Caribbean, especially in Haiti, and along the southeast coast of the United States. The Presbyterian Church of Colombia issued a letter to... Read More
“As they went away, Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to look at? A reed shaken by the wind? What then did you go out to see? Someone dressed in soft robes? Look, those who wear soft robes are in royal palaces. What then did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell...
October 13, 2016
- The Holy Eparchial Synod of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America convened for its regular meeting at the Synodal Chamber of the Archdiocesan headquarters in New York on October 12th and 13th 2016. His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios, Geron of America presided at the meeting with the participation of all the Members of the Synod.
- The first complete biography on His All-Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, titled “Bartholomew: Apostle and Visionary,” authored by Fr. John Chryssavgis and published by Thomas Nelson Publishing has just been released, in time for the 25th Anniversary of His All-Holiness’ elevation to the venerable Patriarchal Throne of Constantinople.