February 3, 2016
Presbyterian Hunger Program looks for record sales this year
February 3, 2016
- Churches across Canada are joining in prayer for the family of Tim Bosma, a member of the Ancaster (Ont.) Christian Reformed Church, who was murdered nearly three years ago. The trial of two men charged with his murder began on Monday, Feb 1.
The Orthodox Church in America’s Office of Institutional Chaplains [OIC] recently announced the upgrade of it’s web site.
“The upgraded site features Saint Porphyrios, who was canonized in 2013,” said Archpriest Dr. Steven Voytovich, OIC Director and Dean of Saint Tikhon’s Seminary,...
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 2/3/16)—The Rev. Holale C. Azondjagni and his wife, Awenam Anifrani, of Evanston, Illinois, have been assigned as the first International Ministries (IM) missionaries to Togo, a former French colony in West Africa. The couple was endorsed in the spring of 2014 to serve in France. When the needs of the Evangelical Baptist Churches of France changed, opportunities were considered in other parts of Europe as well as in Haiti and in Africa.
- In a historic move, Synod 2015 created a new vision that involves deacons “serving as the leading edge in community transformation at both the local and regional levels as they address issues of justice and mercy,” said Andrew Ryskamp.
- Faculty, staff and students at Calvin Theological Seminary are asking prayers for the family of Xu Guoyong, a Chinese publisher and writer who was hit by a car last week in suburban Grand Rapids, Mich.
- In 1993, a peace treaty was signed, officially ending nearly 18 years of civil war and border disputes in Cambodia. The country was poor. The population had very little education. The people were traumatized.
- As a team member in the youth venues at Spring Harvest for five years, Jamie Sewell enjoyed seeing Jesus impact lives, especially if people met with Jesus for the first time.
- Belén Alvarado, a 25 year-old high school teacher who lives in Guatemala, says her faith has grown over the years. So much so that she is now sharing the gospel with her students.
- Our latest survey is about the life experiences of different generations, from boomers born before 1960 to millennials born in the 1990s. It covers every aspect of inheritance, including the passing on of property, of culture and of faith, and the changes that are affecting Church and society in the UK today.