December 13, 2014
The Parliament Proudly Announces the
INAUGURAL WOMEN’S ASSEMBLY FOR GLOBAL ADVANCEMENT
You asked, we listened.
The Women’s Task Force of the Parliament of the World’s Religions invites YOU to the Inaugural Assembly for Women’s Global Advancement, Oct. 15 and...
December 12, 2014
- Metropolitan Joseph and Patriarch John at Enthronement.
His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon will concelebrate the Divine Liturgy with His Beatitude, Patriarch John X of Antioch and All the East and His Eminence, Metropolitan Joseph of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America at Saints Peter and Paul Church, 10620 River Road, Potomac, MD on Sunday, December 14, 2014.
- Ο Σεβασμιώτατος Αρχιεπίσκοπος Αμερικής κ. Δημήτριος δέχθηκε σήμερα την επίσκεψη του υπαρχηγού του Γενικού Επιτελείου Στρατού της Ελλάδος αντιστρατήγου Αλέξανδρου Οικονόμου με τον οποίο συζήτησαν θέματα κοινού ενδιαφέροντος αφορώντα στην επίσκεψη του κ. Οικονόμου στις Η.Π.Α.
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] In the next four months – January 1 to April 30 – The Episcopal Church will witness the consecration of one bishop, the elections of three bishops, and the consent process of one bishop.
One consecration of a bishop is slated for January to April.
February 28: Diocese of West Texas, Bishop Suffragan David M. Reed, elected on October 25, pending successful approval of...
The Orthodox Church in America’s 2015 Desk Calendar is now available for $20.00 per copy, which includes postage and handling.
The calendar includes ample space for daily notations and memos and a mini-directory of OCA ministries, boards, commissions, diocesan chanceries, and seminaries. Key liturgical commemorations and significant dates for the year are noted, as are...
- Amy Asin and Miriam Chilton to play new, key roles
- United Methodists mourned the passing of pioneering leaders of United Methodist Women, a founder of United Methodist Men and a poet who met with Presidents.
- The Duke of Cambridge Prince William unveiled a memorial today to commemorate the World War One Christmas Truce of 1914, when British and German soldiers stopped fighting and played football.