July 18, 2014
[Anglican Communion Office press release] The Rev. Terrie Robinson, formerly networks coordinator and women’s desk officer at the Anglican Communion Office, has been named its director for women in church and society.
Mrs Robinson1 has moved into the new role following a decision by the Standing Committee2 that more needs to be done to support Communion-wide efforts to promote equal, influential and safe participation...
- Bethany Children’s Home, a UCC ministry serving children and families in need in Womelsdorf, Penn., northwest of Philadelphia, is one of the places young refugees have found safe harbor.
- As part of an Interfaith Weekend of Compassion and Prayer for Unaccompanied Children, the United Church of Christ is urging members and congregations to take a moment during church services this Sunday, July 20, to pray for and stand in silent witness with thousands of young refugees fleeing violence and conflict in Central America and the groups throughout the country working to help them.
- The Rev. Stephen Boyd will be on Capitol Hill on Tuesday, July 22, to speak to government leaders about the importance of diversity in military chaplaincy.
July 17, 2014
- United Methodist North Texas Conference says out-of-court agreement with advocacy group will protect church members.
- The annual conference celebrates a record offering and approaches 60 percent of its $1 million goal.
[Episcopal Relief & Development press release]Episcopal Relief & Development is supporting the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem’s Al-Ahli Arab Hospital in Gaza City with funding for food and fuel as it responds to urgent needs during the current crisis.
Despite structural damage to the hospital from the impact of Israeli airstrikes, Al-Ahli staff have maintained round-the-clock presence and care for those who have been wounded. Further adding to the strain are...
PC(USA) mission workers in Berlin help Farsi-speakers navigate Germany’s system
July 17, 2014