March 19, 2015
- When an individual can engineer their own children according to their own desires, serious questions have to be asked of the culture which allows this to happen.
- Human trafficking is one of the biggest affronts to human dignity in the world today. Will you pray and work with us to contact your MSPs to raise three key issues with them, that we may see the end of human trafficking in Scotland?
Taiwan Church News
March 9 - 15, 2015
Taiwan Oppose China's Unilateral Implementation Of M503 Flight Route
Reported by Chiu Kuo-rong
In the afternoon of March 4, members of Economic Democracy Union(EDU), an umbrella organization of former Democratic Frontline of Anti-Blackbox Service & Trade Act, protested before...
- GENEVA — Iran's limited and conditional acceptance of just two out of ten recommendations made by other governments about its ongoing persecution of Baha'is today suggests there will be no significant change in government policy in the near future - and a bleak outlook for human rights generally in Iran. "The sad reality is that Iran has largely refused to accept recommendations made by the...
March 18, 2015
- 1) Mission and Ministry Board meets in Pennsylvania, discusses mission and church vitality among other business. 2) ‘Resolution on Christian Minority Communities’ adopted by board, recommended to Annual Conference. 3) Church of the Brethren dividend from Brethren Mutual and Brotherhood Mutual is largest ever. 4) Applications for nursing scholarships are due soon. 5) Dynamics of violence in Nigeria changing dramatically, aid still needed as displaced begin return home. 6) EYN district leader in...
- The Church of the Brethren Mission and Ministry Board met at Lancaster (Pa.) Church of the Brethren over the weekend of March 13-16. Meetings were led by board chair Becky Ball-Miller, who is completing her term of service on the board by mid-2015.
- The denomination’s Mission and Ministry Board has approved a “Resolution on Christian Minority Communities” and recommended it to the 2015 Annual Conference for adoption.
- The Church of the Brethren denomination has received an insurance dividend of $182,263 from Brethren Mutual Aid and Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company, through the company’s Partnership Group Program. Brethren Mutual Aid is the sponsoring agency for the program, which rewards the annual claims experience of the congregations, camps, and districts that make up the group along with the denominational organization.
- The Church of the Brethren awards a limited number of scholarships each year to individuals enrolled in a nursing program. Candidates for the scholarships must be enrolled in an LPN, RN, or nursing graduate program and must be members of the Church of the Brethren.
- Thinking about attending National Junior High Conference 2015? Online registration is open! We encourage you to register soon to take advantage of special early bird rates. Through March 31, the cost is $160 per person. After March 31, the cost for regular registration is $185 per person. Travel scholarships are available to those who live west of the Mississippi River. For more information and to register, visit www.brethren.org/njhc or call 847-429-4389.