February 11, 2014
Starting Ash Wednesday, March 5th, the Anglican Church of Canada will share daily videos produced by the Society of Saint John the Evangelist. Love Life: Living the Gospel of Love is series of short reflections delving deeply into the Gospel of John. Each video reflects on a different theme and offers viewers a provocative question to encourage living a life of abundant love.
"We are thrilled to be able to offer this forthcoming video series, Love...
- Proposed changes to the composition of education committees in Scotland are anti-democratic and a step backwards, says the Evangelical Alliance Scotland.
- The state of Virginia’s travel and tourism motto since the late 1960s has been “Virginia is For Lovers.” Central Atlantic Conference Minister of the United Church of Christ, the Rev. John Deckenback, would like to see that motto become more of a reality as a federal judge considers the merits of a case that could overturn the state’s ban against same-sex marriage.
- A performance by the Heritage Chorale of Cleveland is just one of several ways the UCC National Offices will recognize Black History Month 2014.
- United Church of Christ leaders and the denomination's media justice arm, the Office of Communication, Inc. (OC, Inc.) are celebrating a victory that was a decade in the making. A new rate cap on prison phone calls took effect on Tuesday, Feb. 11, giving UCC leaders and activists a chance to pause and celebrate the milestone.
February 10, 2014
- A retired elder in the New York Annual Conference will face a church trial for officiating at the same-sex wedding of his son.
- Rabbi Jacobs: "We trust, moving forward, that we will all be able to work together to ensure that Israel and its laws represent the full spectrum of Jewry."
New mission co-workers begin assignments that span the globe
February 10, 2014