August 12, 2014
Saint Vladimir’s Seminary Press here recently released a music CD containing all of the hymns for Vespers for the Great Feast of the Dormition of the Mother of God, arranged for variety of choir sizes and levels of competence.
Titled “Full of Grace,” the CD was recorded as a liturgical service and aims to help Orthodox Christian choirs from various backgrounds render the...
Evangelism conference called to faithfulness in response to God’s hard-to-believe promises
August 12, 2014
- TV chef Tom Herbert gets involved in campaign to prevent child trafficking
- The Southwest Conference of the UCC has hired the Rev. Tyler Connoley, pastor of Silver City UCC in Silver City, N.M., as the new immigrant care coordinator to stay up to date on this ever-changing situation and to be a go-to person for UCC churches and members seeking ways to help.
- Gay Gospel Worship, a special Sunday service at the Amistad Chapel to include Gay Games visitors from across the country, welcomed a diverse group to share that through love, forgiveness and inclusiveness, one can change the world.
- An unarmed 18-year old teenager in a St. Louis suburb was shot and killed, the police department is under fire for its aggressiveness and tactics, and the town of Ferguson, Mo., is engulfed in riots as citizens take to the streets to violently protest this turn of events for a third straight day.
- Even as voluntary organizations help New York City with its long-term recovery from Superstorm Sandy, preparing for the next disaster is already high on their agenda.
August 11, 2014
- We commemorate this blessed Feast of the Dormition of the Most Holy Theotokos and Ever-Virgin Mary, honoring and celebrating her faith in God and the witness of the miraculous power of grace in her life through her willing obedience to His will. As a result of the amazing level of personal holiness and the abundance of grace, the Theotokos offers us a superb example of a relationship with God and a deep connection with Him that is essential for our lives and the sacred institution of the...
- General Synod Communications and the Anglican Journal, the church’s editorially independent newspaper, have entered into a partnership to distribute stories of national significance. This story is shared through this arrangement. This story was originally published on the Anglican Journal website on August 11, 2014. Sam Carriere, the Anglican Church of Canada’s director of communications and information resources,...