May 18, 2016
- As the Soviet Union began to disintegrate in the early 1990s, three Christian foundations from three different countries—Lithuania, Canada, and the United States—developed a vision to reintroduce Christian education to Eastern Europe.
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited eastern Alberta on Friday, meeting with citizens and officials in Fort McMurray after most of the town’s 88,000 residents were forced to evacuate because of wildfire.
- She’s completing a triple major at Calvin College, just presented her research at the largest international conference in her field, and now she’s the recipient of a prestigious Fulbright Scholarship.
- The newly revised Manual of Christian Reformed Church Government by Rev. Peter Borgdorff is now available for order through Faith Alive Christian Resources in hard copy or downloadable versions through the new online Digital Library.
A compilation of news from Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and other seminaries
May 18, 2016
- The Disability Concerns ministries of the Christian Reformed Church and the Reformed Church in America have signed a letter calling on U.S. presidential candidates to address disability concerns issues in their campaigns.
- With the announcement of an Extremism Bill expected in the Queen's speech, the Evangelical Alliance has cautioned against the proposals saying that in attempting to tackle extremism they pose a threat to fundamental freedoms.
May 17, 2016
Taiwan Church News
April 11 - 17, 2016
Running For Jesus, Seediq Abriginal Youth Encouraged To Serve The Tribe In Challenges
Reported by Ispalakan Umav
On April 2, the second round of road running contest - " Running For Jesus" - was held by Alang Snuwing Church of PCT's Seediq District. About 200 aboriginal Seediq youth and adult were attracted to take part into this 14...