September 21, 2016
A $5,000 Matthew 25 Grant from American Baptist Churches USA (ABCUSA) is feeding 100 high school students at the Furaha Boarding School in an impoverished community in East Africa’s Nairobi, Kenya. The school serves children from the Huruma community, where 500,000 people live in a two-square-mile locale.
“Sixty percent of the children are orphaned and 40 percent of them are HIV positive,” explains the Rev. Gilbert Foster, executive director of When I Grow Up, an initiative whose...
Taiwan Church News
August 15 - 21, 2016
The Past Is Never Simply The Past! - Mr Martin Eberts Shares How Transitional Justice Is Done In Germany
Reported by Chiu Kuo-rong
On August 13, Mr Martin Eberts, Director Of German Institute Taipei, was invited by PCT's General Assembly to share how transitional justice was done in Germany at Chi-nan Church of Chi-hsin Presbytery...
- Average retirement age for United Methodist elders reaches 66.
- Symposium participants on the steps of Three Hierarchs Chapel, St. Vladimir’s Seminary [photo: Mary Honoré].
Highly influential global scholars and artists took seriously the task of “Rethinking Sacred Arts” at a weekend symposium at Saint Vladimir’s Orthodox Theological Seminary here September 16–18, 2016. Participants drew from their respective...
Ahead of General Synod 2017 in Baltimore — and in preparation for the next groundbreaking resolution from the church — the General Synod administration team has put together a brief, explanatory video guide that outlines how to submit a resolution for consideration by Synod delegates.
- In Uganda, Grace’s students gather around one of their peers and begin singing. But it’s not a joyful song, it’s one of taunting and shaming.
- Two years ago, it was impossible to imagine a community in Honduras where children could play outside after dinner, where families could enjoy an evening walk.
- Shortly after becoming a believer, Mr. Apit was banished from his home village in Indonesia.
- Steve Timmermans is inviting all of those who are involved in ministry in their local CRC congregations across the U.S. and Canada to consider attending Inspire 2017 next summer in Detroit, Mich.