April 13, 2017
The Rev. John Dorhauer, general minister and president of the United Church of Christ, will help kick off the nation's largest ecumenical gathering when he speaks about white privilege during Ecumenical Advocacy Days, where he hopes to open the eyes of participants to seek racial justice.
- A United Methodist seminary in Nigeria is providing basic skills training for the wives of students training to be pastors.
In celebration of the Great and Holy Pascha, the Chancery of the Orthodox Church in America will be closed on Great and Holy Thursday, April 13, 2017, and Great, Holy and Good Friday, April 14. Regular office hours will resume on Bright Tuesday, April 18.
On behalf of His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon and the Holy Synod of Bishops, the members of the Metropolitan Council, the Officers of the OCA, the Chancery staff, and the OCA web team, we wish our readers a most blessed Holy...
In many places the large rough wooden cross carried into the Good Friday liturgy remains in place throughout the first few weeks of Easter. But now bunches of spring flowers surround its foot and a good length of white linen is draped over its arms. Once a cruel instrument of torture and death, it has become for us a wondrous sign of hope and glory in Christ.
When that cross on a hill outside the city wall looked to the world like a “tree of defeat” for the mission of Christ, an end...
- Partners respond to Palm Sunday terror attacks in Egypt. Synod of the Nile Moderator declares “unity and solidarity with the Coptic Orthodox Church.” Among Rolling Stone’s March 2017 list of 10 New Artists You Need to Know is Ravyn Lenae,... Read More
- Steve describes being "ambushed by unity": read about how Easter leads us to unity as part of our #EverythingChanges series.
April 12, 2017
- After a $20 million deficit in 2015, the General Conference is back in the black
- Suicide bombers attacked two Coptic Christian churches, killing 44 people and injuring 100.
A Seattle-based congregation will lift up transgender and non-gender conforming persons at a Good Friday service, seeking to share the message that church can be a welcoming space.
Do you struggle for balance between prayer and activity?
Do you long for more silence and solitude in your life and ministry?
More energy for compassion, peace and justice?
This conference, offered in a retreat style, provides a unique opportunity to explore the transformed life and discover contemplative practices that invite us into deeper engagement with the needs of the world.
We’ll focus on your...