February 6, 2017
- The small booklets contain invitations to major evangelistic meetings.
February 4, 2017
Taiwan Church News
January 23 - 29, 2017
To Be One In God's Love
Reported by Chen Yi-hsuan
A hymnal and prayer service, across the border of denomination, language, and ethnicity etc., and organized by the National Council of Churches of Taiwan(NCCT) for the purpose of Christian unity across, was held at St John Cathedral of the Episcopal Diocese of Taiwan...
[Episcopal News Service — Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania] Presiding Bishop Michael Curry preached and presided Feb. 4 during an Absalom Jones Day Eucharist at Episcopal Church of the Holy Cross, in the Homewood area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Video of the entire Eucharist is here. The presiding bishop...
- As Greek Orthodox Christians and as Americans, we express our sadness and pain for our brothers and sisters all over the world who find themselves in tragic circumstances of hostility, violence and war, where families have been torn apart, displaced and where people are denied basic human rights.
- This week’s Newsline "remember when" moment from Brethren history is the decision that created the Brethren Service Committee, the forerunner of the Brethren Service Commission. The BSC went on to become the main implement for the Church of the Brethren’s extensive service activities and witness for peace in Europe and elsewhere following World War II. From the minutes of the 1941 Annual Conference:
- Frs. Michael Hatrak and Joseph Martin prepare ingredients for Holy Chrism in 2012.
His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon will consecrate Holy Chrism in conjunction with the celebration of the Vesperal Liturgy of Great and Holy Thursday at the Monastery Church of Saint Tikhon of Zadonsk here April 13, 2017.
The Consecration of Chrism is a Rite reserved for the Primates of autocephalous Orthodox Churches. ...
The voices of people of faith, from the United Church of Christ and other progressive Christian denominations, are now more important than ever.
February 3, 2017
- Shenandoah District executive minister John Jantzi invites us to prayer as our country struggles with issues relating to immigration and refugee resettlement. He writes:
- “Medicine of Mercy” is the title of the Lenten devotional from Brethren Press. The Lenten devotional is one of two annual devotional booklets published by Brethren Press, along with the Advent devotional. This year’s Lenten devotional is written by Theresa Eshbach.
- Brethren bits for Feb. 3, 2017