April 18, 2014
- “Awake, my soul. Awake, my soul. You were made to meet your maker."
- Each day throughout Holy Week, Christian leaders are reflecting on the words of Jesus on the cross. Jennie Pollock looks at "It is finished" John 19:29-30
- Each day throughout Holy Week, Christian leaders are reflecting on the words of Jesus on the cross. Fred Drummond looks at "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit." Luke 23:46
Taiwan Church News
March 31 - April 6, 2014
Church Ministry News
Aboriginal Youth Forum And Aboriginal Activist Groups Protest Against Cross-Strait Service Trade Agreement(CSSTA)
Reported by Chiu Kuo-rong
Against the March 24 news release, from the government's Council of Indigenous Peoples(CIP), warning Taiwan's aboriginal peoples...
- The United Church of Christ is working to give military chaplains the tools they need to counsel and support those in service to our country suffering from moral injury. To do that, the church is centering a biennial training session around an expert on the subject, the Rev. Rita Nakashima Brock, to help the chaplains better minister to the brave men and women who have sustained invisible wounds while serving in the armed forces.
April 17, 2014
Global Interfaith Movement Acts for Kansas Easter Weekend:
We, the global interfaith community, cherish the principle of shared humanity and champion the Golden Rule as the guiding principle of each of the world’s great spiritual and...
- The Paschal Message of His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon, is now available on the web site of the Orthodox Church in America. The original English text appears below. Translations into several other languages will be forthcoming. The Archpastoral Letter of His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon on the Great and Holy Pascha 2014 To the Venerable Pastors, God-loving Monastics and Devout Faithful of the Orthodox Church in America Christ is Risen! ...
In observance of the Feast of Feasts, Holy Pascha, the Chancery of the Orthodox Church in America will be closed from Great and Holy Thursday, April 17, through Bright Monday, April 21, 2014
Regular hours will resume on Bright Tuesday, April 22.
The OCA’s Officers, Chancery staff, and web team members wish one and all every blessing on the “bright and radiant Feast of Feasts!”
- Sussex, New Jersey is a hard-working community. Many farmers, tradesmen, and business owners usually see more than just a five-day work week. Yet they know family life takes work, too.
- A woman scans the remains of her makeshift home in the slums of Dhaka city, Bangladesh. No luck.