May 22, 2015
- Thousands of Reform Jews will Gather in Florida for the URJ's 73rd Biennial, November 2015
- In a setback to long-term peace prospects in former CRC mission areas in Nigeria, the visit by Hizikias Assefa, a well-respected Mennonite peace mediator, to the town of Wukari, Nigeria — the scene of violence over the last year — had to be cancelled due to further conflict in the area, says Peter Vander Meulen, coordinator of the CRC’s Office of Social Justice.
- An Interview with Gordon Darragh, Associate Pastor of Windsor Baptist Church, Belfast, a church looking for something that Asians could relate to.
- I confess that I’ve always been a bit dubious about honouring saints. And not just on the kind of theological grounds that made such an impact at the Reformation.....But, despite all that, on May 23, I will be marking the day that Oscar Romero is honoured. I shall be cheering because here was someone who was not a great heroic self, but was someone who really did come to represent his people, and whose memory and inspiration still live in El Salvador....
The reflection below was written by Brad Berglund, who is leading a group of American Baptists and friends on Pilgrimage to Taizé over the next 10 days. Please keep this group in prayer, as they experience the community and spend time in reflection, growing in faith.
My pilgrimage to the Taizé Community began in an unusual place. Westminster Choir College in Princeton, New Jersey, is known for its excellent choral program, brilliant faculty and the presence of world-...
More than two years in the making, the pastor of The Community Church of Washington D.C. United Church of Christ has organized the 2015 Inclusive Church Conference to provide clergy and lay leaders the resources, tools and information they need for their new church starts to thrive.
- The Christian Reformed Church in North America office in Grand Rapids, Mich. recently earned an ENERGY STAR certification from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, CRCNA officials announced at a press conference on Thursday.
May 21, 2015
The 111th Annual Pilgrimage to Saint Tikhon’s Monastery here will open officially on Friday, May 22 at 3:30 p.m. with the greeting of the Hawaiian Myrrh Streaming Icon of the Mother of God at the entrance arch and the celebration of a Molieben, followed by Vespers and Matins, in the Monastery Church of Saint Tikhon of Zadonsk....
A leader in the United Church of Christ and in the St. Louis area who modeled generosity in spirit, friendship, service and stewardship, died early Wednesday morning, May 20. The Rev. Jerry Paul was surrounded by his wife of 44 years, Nancy, his family, and the love of friends and colleagues from across the church. He was 65.