October 9, 2015
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Bishop Stacy F. Sauls, Chief Operating Officer for The Episcopal Church, has announced that applications are now being accepted for the position of Missioner for the Office of Transition Ministry for the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society (DFMS).
The Missioner for the Office of Transition Ministry is a regular full-time position and will be located remotely. The Missioner is a member of the Mission Department...
- The pace of change is probably always too fast for those who have most to lose.
The General Minister and President of the United Church of Christ, the Rev. John C. Dorhauer, is issuing a call to the denomination's local congregations to stand with Muslim people in response to planned anti-Muslim rallies across the country this weekend.
- Young people from three Boys’ Brigade (BB) groups have been studying creepy crawlies, catching butterflies and building fences as part of a nationwide social action campaign.
October 8, 2015
- The Global Food Crisis Fund (GFCF) of the Church of the Brethren has provided several grants in recent months that support agriculture by a Brethren group in the Democratic Republic of Congo, a gardening project in Alaska, nutrition education and cooking classes for Spanish speaking population living around Roanoke, Va., and the work of a Brethren Volunteer Service worker at the Church of the Brethren Office of Public Witness in Washington, D.C.
- National Junior High Sunday in the Church of the Brethren will be observed on Nov. 1. The 2015 theme is based on James 2:14-17 from “The Message”: “Faith Without Works Is Outrageous Nonsense.” Worship resources and other resources for the special Sunday are made available online and are free to download from www.brethren.org/yya/jr-high-resources.html .
Un líder ‘humilde y con competencia cultural’
October 8, 2015
- In this issue: Positions at Camp Mack and Camp Pine Lake among other job openings, young adult committee sets dates for NYAC 2016, prayer requests for Nigeria and Haiti, Bread for the World Sunday, On Earth Peace Anti-Racism Transformation Team, Children’s Aid Society pictorial history, Elizabethtown College master of education degree to focus on peace education, and more news from churches, districts, camps, and colleges