July 1, 2016
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Registration is now open for Called to Transformation, an Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) facilitator formation workshop at the Bosque Center, Diocese of Rio Grande, Albuquerque, NM on September 19-22.
Called to Transformation is a partnership between...
July 1, 2016
The Presbyterian Church (...
- New fellowships and congregations are welcomed into the Church of the Brethren
Taiwan Church News
June 20 -26, 2016
From Anti-Discrimination To Ethnic Fairness
Recently Ms Hung Su-chu has become the hottest gossip topic in Taiwan society. As a matter of fact, with an unexpected reactionary effect to stop the hate language abuse coming again, she becomes the driving force uniting all political parties together to deliver an "Against Discrimination Law"!...
A search committee formed to call the next Executive Minister of Justice and Witness Ministries of the United Church of Christ is sharing the process and seeking qualified applicants.
June 30, 2016
- Today in Greensboro - Thursday, an overview
- Among other business, the Annual Conference today began consideration of “Query: Same Sex Weddings,” but did not conclude discussion of the item. First, the delegate body took a vote to open the floor to accept a query related to human sexuality as an item of business, because the Conference in 2011 had decided “to continue deeper conversations concerning human sexuality outside of the query process.”
- In election results, Samuel Kefas Sarpiya was chosen as moderator-elect. He will serve alongside moderator Carol Scheppard at the 2017 Annual Conference, and will be moderator of the 2018 Conference.
- This is the voice that must be our voice. His words must be heard and the Gospel communicated in all that we do. Now is the acceptable time for us to be the voice of Christ and to use our liberty in Him to offer truth, grace, and eternal life in a changing world.
Inclusivity is at the forefront of the Anglican Parishes of the Central Interior (APCI) as the territory rebrands itself with a new moniker—one better reflecting the diversity and shared sense of community championed by its members.
APCI will now be known as the Territory of the People. The name change followed broad consultations last winter in which parishioners suggested approximately 30 new names. The Administration Committee and pastoral elders met on April 17 and reviewed the...