June 27, 2016
- The Standing Committee of district delegates has made a recommendation to refer two queries about On Earth Peace to the Review and Evaluation Committee. The recommendation begins by “recognizing that the Review and Evaluation Committee has the responsibility to consider the balance and unity of the agencies,” and will be shared with the delegate body when the two queries come to the Annual Conference business session later this week.
- At Boehm’s Chapel near Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Mennonites restore credentials of a founder of the present-day United Methodist Church.
Please keep those affected by the recent devastating flooding in West Virginia in your prayers. The flooding has left over 23 dead, according to CNN.
Additionally, remember in prayer those who are battling wild fires in California, as well as those affected by the ongoing fires covering over 45,000 acres of the state.
We encourage giving through One Great Hour of...
[Episcopal Diocese of Rochester press release] The...
- This morning in Greensboro, N.C., the Standing Committee of district delegates to the Church of the Brethren Annual Conference voted on a response to Query: Same Sex Weddings.
- B’nai B’rith International has issued the following statement:
B’nai B’rith International is dismayed by another series of recklessly distorted resolutions adopted on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict at the 222nd biennial General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
The mainline Protestant denomination again displayed a stunningly overt preoccupation with demonizing just one side of one...
- The drought in La Guajira has led to the deaths of 29 children this year.