March 16, 2017
March 15, 2017
- B’nai B’rith International has issued the following statement:
B’nai B’rith deplores a new United Nations committee report that accuses Israel of practicing apartheid. According to the Jerusalem Post the report states, “Israel has established an apartheid regime that dominates the Palestinian people as a whole.”
The report was written for the United Nations Economic and Social...
March 12, 2017
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Bishops Carol Gallagher, Mark Lattime, John Tarrant and David Bailey present their thoughts about the March 9 Standing As Stone Prayer Service at Washington National Cathedral and the March 10 Native Nations March in Washington, D.C. The four spoke at Kanuga Cmp and Conference Center outside Hendersonville, North Carolina.
March 10, 2017
- B’nai B’rith International marks the 25th anniversary of the bombing of the Israeli Embassy in Argentina. On March 17, 1992 a suicide bomber drove a truck into the embassy. The explosion killed 29 people and wounded more than 200.
Earlier this week, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke at a memorial service honoring the victims and their families. His remarks are below.
“The memory of those terrible days in...
[Anglican Journal] In a twist on the traditional practice of giving something up for Lent, Anglicans across Canada are pledging to make personal lifestyle changes to reduce greenhouse gas emissions—and challenging the federal government to match them by pursuing policy changes to fight climate change.
March 8, 2017
- B’nai B’rith International is concerned that repealing the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in favor of the Republican proposed American Health Care Act (AHCA) could cause the most vulnerable people—senior citizens—to lose coverage. Through Medicaid low-income seniors are relieved of the cost-sharing and out-of-pocket costs in their Medicare coverage. Low-income seniors are also eligible for some state services meant to make up for some care...
- Following up on a proposal made by B’nai B’rith International on Feb. 27 calling for the U.S. Department of Justice to appoint a special coordinator on domestic anti-Semitism, B’nai B’rith, in conjunction with NCSEJ, has taken the plan directly to the attorney general.
- Following up on a proposal made by B’nai B’rith International on Feb. 27 calling for the U.S. Department of Justice to appoint a special coordinator on domestic anti-Semitism, B’nai B’rith, in conjunction with NSCEJ, has taken the plan directly to the attorney general.
March 3, 2017
- The B'nai B'rith World Center and the Committee to Recognize the Heroism of Jews who Rescued Fellow Jews During the Holocaust (JRJ) will confer their joint "Jewish Rescuer's Citation" upon Naftali Backenroth-Bronicki who risked his life saving Jews from deportation and extermination during the Holocaust in Drohovitz, Poland. The citations will be conferred at a ceremony on March 7 at Beit Hatfutsot – Museum of the Jewish People in Tel Aviv, Israel at 18:30 (local...