March 7, 2014
- “Pray with us that there is no fourth anniversary of this war, says Alliance member Tearfund, as this month marks three years since the conflict in Syria began.
March 5, 2014
- Gift of the Heart Kits assembly line at St. Luke-McLean, VA
During our common journey through the Lenten season of prayer, fasting and almsgiving, many parishes undertake charitable ministries and projects in Christ-like outreach to others. The Orthodox Church in America’s Department of Christian Service and Humanitarian Aid suggests two well-established programs for parish...
5 March 2014
Redeemer Church, Amman
The Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori
Presiding Bishop and Primate
The Episcopal Church
“Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return.” We begin Lent each year with a reminder that we are created of earth, that humble stuff we tread beneath our feet. We seldom notice the dust unless we’re trying to remove it from our hands or shoes. Insults are...
February 28, 2014
Visit to troubled region includes conversation with Bashar al-Assad
February 28, 2014
February 19, 2014
VALLEY FORGE, PA (ABNS 2/19/14)—After nearly three years of civil war inside Syria, the number of civilian casualties, internally displaced people and refugees continues to grow in astounding numbers. In response to the growing Syrian crisis, American Baptist International Ministries (IM) sent a $50,000 One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS) emergency relief grant to ecumenical partner, International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC), in December 2013.
February 15, 2014
- 1) Annual Conference 2014 will celebrate courageous discipleship. 2) Pre-Conference events include Ministers’ Association, Congregational Vitality Workshops. 3) Bidding process brings Annual Conference back to Ohio and California. 4) On Earth Peace seeks volunteers for Ministers of Reconciliation team at Annual Conference. 5) Court decision on properties is celebrated by First District Church of the Brethren in India. 6) WCC shares hopes for peace in Syria with members of Syrian opposition. 7...
February 4, 2014
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] “I continue to be inspired by the Christians who are a small fraction of the population of most of the nations throughout the Province of Jerusalem and the Middle East,” Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori writes in the annual Good Friday letter to all congregations asking them to consider assistance for Jerusalem and the Middle East.
“Time and again in quiet conversation with Christian leaders and in...
January 25, 2014
- 1) Many state laws link Selective Service registration to driver’s licenses. 2) Global Food Crisis Fund gives $50,000 for agricultural projects in Haiti. 3) Disaster grants go to South Sudan, Honduras. 4) NPR finds Peace Studies class in story about detained immigrants. 5) Carrie Eikler to serve as TRIM and EFSM coordinator. 6) Annual Clergy Tax Seminar is offered online and at Bethany Seminary. 7) ‘Jesus Weeps--Resisting Violence, Building Peace’ is theme for advocacy days. 8) Action Alert:...
January 23, 2014
January 23, 2014
As the Geneva 2 talks for peace in Syria began here yesterday (Jan. 22), churches from around the world continue to call for visible actions to be taken to put an end to...
January 22, 2014
- Language FrenchJanuary 22, 2014