May 25, 2013
- World Methodist Evangelism organizes events in London as “people called Methodist” remember the life-changing moment of John Wesley.
May 22, 2013
- London churches will unite to prayer walk the circumference of the city, 33 boroughs, 120 miles in six days.
May 21, 2013
[Anglican Communion News Service] A major conference on the relationship between Faith, Health and Healing was held in Birmingham, England, at the end of April under the auspices of the Anglican Health Network. Provinces were invited to send representatives to the conference and to an AHN provincial representatives’ meeting immediately following.
Those who gathered for the provincial representatives’ meeting reflected on the Faith, Health and Healing conference and on...
May 20, 2013
After an 11-month search, Immanuel Church-on-the-Hill is pleased to announce that it has called the Reverend J. Randolph Alexander, Jr. as its tenth Rector. He will join the congregation on Sunday, August 25, 2013.
Randy Alexander comes to Immanuel from Christ Church in Pelham, NY, an historic church in Westchester County on the Long Island Sound, where he has served as Rector since 2000. In 2012, he was one of six candidates for Bishop Suffragan of the Diocese of Virginia.
May 10, 2013
- Ruth Dickinson reflects on the five year anniversary of 16-year-old Jimmy Mizen's death in a bakery in south London. He would have been celebrating his 21st birthday.
May 8, 2013
- B’nai B’rith International has issued the following statement:
B’nai B’rith has been informed by a senior U.N. official that 9/11 “truther” Annie Machon will not be a speaker at a June 6 briefing on “[saving] succeeding generations from the scourge of war.” Last month, B’nai B’rith learned that the U.N. Department of Public Information/Non-Governmental Organizations...
May 3, 2013
- British Paralympic visually-impaired athlete, Anna Sharkey, has become Mercy Ships' newest ambassador. Anna, a goalball champion who competed in the London 2012 Paralympic Games alongside her brother Michael, is passionate about supporting the work of Mercy Ships to help the poor.
April 24, 2013
- B’nai B’rith International is appalled to learn that the U.N. Department of Public Information/Non-Governmental Organizations Relations section (DPI/NGO) and the Permanent Mission of Switzerland to the United Nations will be hosting 9/11 “truther” Annie Machon at its panel discussion on June 6 on “[saving] succeeding generations from the scourge of war.”
Machon, a former MI5 intelligence...
April 16, 2013
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs] In her keynote presentation at the Second Worldwide Anglican Peace Conference in Okinawa, Japan, Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori addressed The question of US military bases in Okinawa – The role of Anglican-Episcopal Church.
“I want to challenge us all to consider similar situations around the world, and the roles that our respective churches, and the Anglican Communion, might play in...