June 14, 2013
June 13, 2013
[Office of the Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town] Open letter from Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town, the Most Revd Dr Thabo Makgoba.
Dear sisters and brothers in Christ, dear friends of South Africa everywhere, I invite you to join with me in praying for God’s tender merciful hand to be upon our former President, Nelson Mandela at this time, and for his love to enfold dear Madiba, and all who are close to him. The Bible reassures us that ‘God is our...
June 12, 2013
- [Anglican Communion News Service] The search is on for women education leaders to take part in the 2014 Commonwealth Professional Fellowship scheme being run by the Anglican Alliance.
The seven week course will include:
- an induction week in London with visits to the Office for Standards in Education, the UK’s Department for Education and a visit to Lambeth Palace.
- a bespoke day course at the Institute of Education on gender and...
June 11, 2013
- Christians joined thousands gathered in London over the weekend to demand an end to global hunger.
June 10, 2013
[Lambeth Palace -- Press Release] The Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby has spoken out in support of a campaign encouraging world leaders to tackle hunger, saving the millions of lives it claims each year.
The Archbishop spoke via video to thousands gathered in Hyde Park today to launch the IF campaign, of which the Church of England is a member. The IF campaign is made up of more than 200 charities, faith groups and organisations. The campaign is urging G8...
June 4, 2013
- Luke Lehmann is a London-based session hairstylist, appearing in various editorials including Vogue and Harpers Bazaar. Luke enjoys working at fashion weeks and on music videos with artists such as Pixie Lott, La Roux and The Noisettes.
May 30, 2013
- An Alliance member church in north London has raised nearly £150,000 for local community projects through renting out its car parking spaces.
May 29, 2013
[Anglican Journal] Shortly after noon on June 2, 1953, Dr. Geoffrey Fisher, archbishop of Canterbury, placed the ancient St. Edward’s crown on the 27-year-old head of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Now, as a fitting postlude to the jubilee year of 2012, churches and communities across the Anglican Communion are gearing up to commemorate Her Majesty’s coronation at Westminster Abbey six decades ago.
In the U.K., thousands of coronation-themed events are under way,...
May 25, 2013
- World Methodist Evangelism organizes events in London as “people called Methodist” remember the life-changing moment of John Wesley.
May 22, 2013
- London churches will unite to prayer walk the circumference of the city, 33 boroughs, 120 miles in six days.