November 25, 2014
- An allocation of $4,300 from the Global Food Crisis Fund (GFCF) has been given to support the attendance of six people at an agriculture training event in Kenya. The training is being provided by Care of Creation, Kenya (CCK), a former GFCF grant recipient.
November 10, 2014
- 2014 seminarian grant recipients served on mission teams in Kenya, Albania, Ghana and Moldova.
The Orthodox Christian Mission Center provided 10 grants to students at four Orthodox seminaries in order to enhance their education with field experience by serving on OCMC short-term Orthodox Mission Teams in 2014. These students had the opportunity to...
November 7, 2014
- World Renew and the Office of Social Justice are making available four short films documenting a tour that several Christian Reformed Church members, and others, took in spring 2013 to see first-hand the impact of climate change in Kenya.
October 30, 2014
October 27, 2014
[Episcopal News Service – Linthicum Heights, Maryland] During its Oct. 24-27 meeting here, the Episcopal Church’s Executive Council adopted multiple resolutions, which are summarized below.
Advocacy and Networking for Mission
* Condemn use of rape and other forms of sexual violence in war as a crime against humanity, including so-called “honor” killings...
October 24, 2014
October 24, 2014
As climate change devastates communities in Kenya, church leaders are helping to address the...
October 8, 2014
October 6, 2014
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Seventeen young adults – including six who will serve for a second year – representing 18 Episcopal Church dioceses are serving as missionaries in the Young Adult Service Corps (YASC) for the 2014-2015 term in locales throughout the Anglican Communion.
YASC is a ministry for Episcopal young adults, ages 21 – 30, who are interested in exploring their faith in new ways by living and serving in...
September 24, 2014
[Anglican Communion Office] In the name of the Triune God, and with the blessing and guidance of our Churches, the International Commission for Anglican-Orthodox Theological Dialogue (ICAOTD) met at St George’s Anglican Cathedral, Jerusalem, from 17 to 24 September 2014. The Commission is grateful for the generous hospitality extended by Bishop Suheil Dawani and the Diocese of Jerusalem.
His Beatitude Theophilos III, the Greek Orthodox Patriarch...
- A special Advent calendar will educate the 36 per cent of children who don’t know whose birthday we celebrate at Christmas, it’s hoped. The Meaningful Chocolate Company is also hoping to equip a baby clinic in Kenya by donating £10,000 from sales of its 2014 Real Advent Calendar. It’s not just the charitable donation that makes The Real Advent Calendar unique, though. Behind its first giant window is a 32-page Christmas story activity booklet, designed to be used every day in Advent. The...