December 2, 2013
- B’nai B’rith International welcomes the reported invitation to Israel to join the Western European and Others Group (WEOG) at United Nations institutions in Geneva, ending the exclusion of the Jewish state from any regional group at the European hub of the world body, home to the Human Rights Council (UNHRC).
Israel’s reported admission to WEOG—a group that includes such countries as Canada, France, Germany...
November 26, 2013
- Those imprisoned in Nazi concentration camps experienced abject horror and utter misery. But, as a testament to the strength of the human spirit in the harshest of conditions, Holocaust victims created music and art even under Nazi captivity. Their legacy is told in the winter 2013 issue of B’nai B’rith Magazine.
Numerous groups and individuals today are preserving, promoting and performing the music composed in the camps....
- The United Nations once again blatantly perpetuated its anti-Israel agenda with its annual International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People on Nov. 25, with a program filled with defamatory speeches and biased resolutions that seek to demonize the Jewish state.
Anti-Israel invective was delivered throughout the day’s program. Ambassador Ahmed Fathalla, the representative of the Arab League, called Israel “racist,” accusing it...
November 20, 2013
- B’nai B’rith members and supporters from across the United States and the world gathered in Washington, D.C., Nov. 16 to 18 to celebrate and reflect on 170 years as an organization, as well as to examine pressing issues facing the global Jewish community, Israel and the United States. B’nai B’rith hosted speakers E.J. Dionne, Jr., journalist and political commentator; Ira Forman, U.S. State Department special envoy for monitoring and combating anti...
November 18, 2013
After a hymn and morning Bible study at 8:45 am, committee members and COGS associates broke off for committee meetings and further training sessions. There was no morning session of COGS.
All enjoyed a break, and then gathered in the chapel for a celebration of the Holy Eucharist.
COGS members enjoyed their last lunch of the...
November 11, 2013
[Huffington Post] The following article was first published on the Huffington Post here.
On Veterans Day this year we are commemorating a very significant anniversary, in fact two anniversaries. We are marking the fact that 50 years ago the United States entered into combat operations in Vietnam, and 40 years ago...
November 8, 2013
- From the creation of the world, through the birth of Israel and the oppression of his descendants in Egypt, to the miraculous escape through the Red Sea, we might think about the big themes of failure and freedom. Like all great literature, the Bible explores big themes through symbolism and metaphor.
November 5, 2013
Listening to all sides essential for peace, says Israel/Palestine peacemaker
November 5, 2013
October 31, 2013
[The American Friends of the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem] The American Friends of the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem Board of Trustees and many supporters recently joined together to celebrate the organization’s 25th anniversary – 25 years supporting quality education and compassionate healthcare for those struggling in the Holy Land.
This milestone celebrated AFEDJ’s growth since its founding in 1989 by the Rt. Rev. Peter Lee, then...
October 30, 2013
ABCUSA General Secretary A. Roy Medley is currently attending the 10th Assembly of the World Council of Churches, taking place in Busan, Republic of Korea, from October 30-November 8, 2013. Periodically, he will share updates with the American Baptist family, made available at www.abc-usa.org. Photos used with permission from Peter Williams/World Council of Churches.
World Council of Churches Assembly “Lord of Life,...