May 27, 2016
- B’nai B’rith International is troubled by particular nominees of presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders to the Democratic convention platform panel. Cornel West, with a history of virulently anti-Israel statements, and James Zogby, a longtime partisan critic of the indispensable alliance between the United States and Israel, both were appointed to the drafting committee earlier this week.
West is a prominent supporter of the discriminatory...
May 26, 2016
- B’nai B’rith International is appalled that the World Health Organization (WHO) will investigate Israel, a solitary beacon of humanitarian values in the Middle East, for supposed “mental, physical and environmental health” violations. Israel was, once again, the only country in the world singled out during the annual assembly of a United Nations body that is meant to be nonpolitical.
Arab states co-sponsored the anti-Israel...
May 24, 2016
May 23, 2016
- B’nai B’rith International is encouraged that delegates to the quadrennial General Conference of the United Methodist Church (UMC) rebuffed efforts to single out companies doing business with Israel for divestment. Such punitive measures are discriminatory, and only deepen, rather than ameliorate, Middle East tensions.
From May 10-20, more than 900 people from around the globe attended the conference in Portland, Ore., and the UMC voted down...
May 20, 2016
- Israel-related amendment on socially responsibility investing fails, but General Conference supports advocacy letter for Palestinian village.
May 17, 2016
May 14, 2016
- In this issue: Remembrances, personnel notes, job openings, volunteer positions, news from congregations and districts, Brethren Bible Institute dates, Juniata College honors faculty, Bridgewater College recognizes philosophy and religion students, Bridgewater students to work at Brethren camps, WCC protests treatment of staff and partners by Israel, bill to impose draft registration on women makes inroads in Senate, more.