May 23, 2016
- B’nai B’rith International is encouraged that delegates to the quadrennial General Conference of the United Methodist Church (UMC) rebuffed efforts to single out companies doing business with Israel for divestment. Such punitive measures are discriminatory, and only deepen, rather than ameliorate, Middle East tensions.
From May 10-20, more than 900 people from around the globe attended the conference in Portland, Ore., and the UMC voted down...
May 20, 2016
- Israel-related amendment on socially responsibility investing fails, but General Conference supports advocacy letter for Palestinian village.
May 17, 2016
May 14, 2016
- In this issue: Remembrances, personnel notes, job openings, volunteer positions, news from congregations and districts, Brethren Bible Institute dates, Juniata College honors faculty, Bridgewater College recognizes philosophy and religion students, Bridgewater students to work at Brethren camps, WCC protests treatment of staff and partners by Israel, bill to impose draft registration on women makes inroads in Senate, more.
May 6, 2016
May 5, 2016
May 2, 2016
- United Methodists will again consider legislative proposals to use divestment to back concerns on Israel-Palestine conflict.
April 28, 2016
April 27, 2016
- AJ+ Accuses Israel of Detaining Girl Without Plausible Cause
B’nai B’rith International is outraged over a video released by AJ+, whose parent company is Al Jazeera Media Network, asserting that Dima al-Wawi, a 12-year-old Palestinian girl, was detained in Israel without probable cause. The video does not mention why she was in custody, or that al-Wawi was armed when she was apprehended. Al-Wawi was arrested on Feb. 9 for...