March 16, 2017
March 13, 2017
March 10, 2017
- B’nai B’rith International marks the 25th anniversary of the bombing of the Israeli Embassy in Argentina. On March 17, 1992 a suicide bomber drove a truck into the embassy. The explosion killed 29 people and wounded more than 200.
Earlier this week, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke at a memorial service honoring the victims and their families. His remarks are below.
“The memory of those terrible days in...
March 3, 2017
Ecumenical Declaration: Protecting Welcome, Restoring Hope
We representatives of Protestant, Orthodox and Anglican communions in the United States, Church World Service and the National Council of Churches of Christ in the United States, gathered together this 10th day of February, 2017, seek to join our efforts to those of other re...
February 28, 2017
February 21, 2017
- Nikki Haley Speaks Out Against Anti-Israel Bias at the World Body
B’nai B’rith International commends United States Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley for further calling attention to the widespread, ongoing anti-Israel bias that is endemic at the United Nations.
Following the U.N. Security Council’s monthly consultation on Middle East issues last week, Haley said: “The Security Council is supposed to...
February 15, 2017
- B’nai B’rith International welcomes today’s meeting between President Donald J. Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. During their White House joint press conference they addressed Iran’s recent ballistic missile test, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and global terrorism.
“With this visit, the United States, again, reaffirms our unbreakable bond with our cherished ally, Israel,” Trump said.
- Following the wave of national Baha'i websites that have launched in recent years, the site of the Baha'i community of Iran went online earlier today. The website, which can be accessed at bahaisofiran.org, covers a range of topics and presents the history, activities, and aspirations of the Baha'i...
- The official website of the Baha’i community of Iran gives a sense of the history, diversity, and aspirations of the Baha’is in Iran.
February 7, 2017
[Diocese of Olympia] The Episcopal Diocese of Olympia has joined with the ACLU to file a lawsuit against the federal government in response to President Donald Trump’s executive order banning refugees and immigrants from seven predominately Muslim countries. While the words Muslim and Islam are never specifically mentioned in the executive order, references to “honor killings” and “radicalization” evoke the worst stereotypes of the...