August 31, 2015
- A Muslim man from Iran, a few students from the Christian Reformed Church campus ministry Geneva House, several First Nations or Metis people, and a couple dozen other members of churches from across Kingston, Ontario, recently gathered to learn about the relationship between Indigenous peoples and other Canadians.
August 27, 2015
More than 50 leaders sign letter urging Congress to back the deal
August 27, 2015...
August 26, 2015
- 1) Called to help rebuild, we became part of a new family 2) Brethren Disaster Ministries notes accomplishments of Hurricane Katrina response 3) Children’s Disaster Services changed the lives of children and families after Katrina 4) On the road to Damascus: When the scales fall from our eyes 5) Christian leaders urge Congress to vote for diplomatic agreement with Iran 6) Prayer is requested for those affected by wildfires in western states 7) Brethren volunteers in Nigeria renew wedding vows...
- Two Church of the Brethren denominational staff have signed on to a letter from Christian leaders to the US Congress, urging approval of the diplomatic agreement with Iran. General secretary Stanley J. Noffsinger and Office of Public Witness director Nathan Hosler are among some 50 Christian leaders who have signed the letter, according to a release from the National Council of Churches and the Friends Committee on National Legislation.
August 25, 2015
Standing on its foundation as a Just Peace church, leaders from the United Church of Christ and communion partner, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), are among the 51 Christian representatives from dozens of denominations and faith organizations who have sent a letter to Congress today. This Christian coalition is urging lawmakers to support the agreement to limit Iran's nuclear program.
Join faith leaders for a national conference call on the Iran nuclear deal, Thursday, August 27 at 8:00pm EDT.
The featured speaker will be Marie Harf, Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications to Secretary of State John Kerry. Harf led U.S. communications strategy on the Iran negotiations in Vienna.
- Jim Winkler: General Secretary, National Council of Churches
- Diane Randall: Executive Secretary, Friends Committee on...