March 17, 2017
Visualize the Gospel through sculpture, see the scriptures come to life in pictures, learn more about Cuba and find ways to coach your way through conflict -- all possible with a one-hour workshop at General Synod in Baltimore.
March 8, 2017
Pastor Hernández and his wife work as university professionals in Cuba. Living on meager wages, sometimes not even enough to buy groceries for the month, they have learned to trust in the Lord.
February 28, 2017
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] After more than three decades serving as a model for successful resettlement and integration, the Episcopal Migration Ministries’ satellite office in Miami, Florida, will close at the end of July.
The Rev. Canon E. Mark Stevenson, director of Episcopal...
February 27, 2017
- Council, However, Displays Continued Recklessness by Featuring Terrorist Apologist Jean Ziegler
B’nai B’rith International welcomes the assertion today by U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres, at the opening of the body’s new Human Rights Council session, that “we must speak up for human rights in an impartial way without double standards.” However, the Council—whose singling out of Israel for...
February 9, 2017
- Hard work and good relations — with fellow Cubans, United Methodists and others — help shape today’s church.
- In Havana neighborhoods, people seem to know everyone and hear everything. “The thing about Cuba is we have learned to help one another – solidarity. Life here is very sociable.”
February 7, 2017
- From cell group to mission to church, the goal of the Methodist Church in Cuba is to make each member an evangelist.
February 2, 2017
- For Methodists in Cuba, praising God is about being supported by a community, not just about individual faith.
January 31, 2017
- In a former private home across the street from Marianao Methodist Church, 15 older Cubans find assistance and companionship at a facility run by the Methodist Church in Cuba.
January 30, 2017
- Surrounded by Caribbean colors and timeless street scenes, the Methodist Church is growing in Cuba. Experience lively worship and glimpses of Cuban life through exclusive photo presentation.