October 11, 2016
- After brutal attack, 100 in Beni received food and other aid from UMCOR and the United Methodist East Congo episcopal area.
September 12, 2016
[Anglican Communion News Service] The president and prime minister of the Democratic Republic of Congo headed a list of dignitaries at the installation of the new archbishop of the Province de L’Eglise Anglicane Du Congo – the Anglican Church in the Congo – on Sept. 11. Archbishop Masimango Katanda, the former bishop of Kindu, was elected in July. He succeeds Archbishop Henri Isingoma, who stood down for a health improvement break and return to theological...
September 10, 2016
- NEWS 1) New connections for Bethany Seminary in Brazil 2) Brethren sponsor capacity-building conference for Batwa from Rwanda, Burundi, DR Congo PERSONNEL 3) Huma Rana to become director of Financial Operations for Brethren Benefit Trust 4) BVS Unit 313 volunteers begin their terms of service UPCOMING EVENTS 5) General secretary to hold listening sessions across denomination 6) Brethren Academy offers ‘Healthy Boundaries 201' training as a Spanish language webcast 7) Entrenamiento en Limites...
- Working through a nascent Brethren church in the region, the Church of the Brethren sponsored a capacity-building conference to bring Batwa together from Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The following is excerpted from a report by Dr. David Niyonzima, detailing the conference and some of the learnings gained from the interaction:
August 30, 2016
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] Welcoming Sunday. Homecoming Sunday. Back To Church Sunday. Welcome Home Sunday. Registration Sunday. Gathering Sunday. The...
August 22, 2016
- The East Congo episcopal area, which has nine United Methodist churches, is still reeling from Aug. 13 attack.
August 17, 2016
- East Congo has been under the threat of violence since 1960 when the country became independent.