March 24, 2017
- Robin DeYoung has resigned from the Brethren Disaster Ministries Rebuild program and Kristen Hoffman from Children’s Disaster Services.
- The Michigan District Leadership Team has received a letter of resignation from Nate Polzin, district executive, effective July 7.
- The Church of the Brethren Mission and Ministry Board has approved the release of $500,000 from the Emergency Disaster Fund to support Nigeria Crisis Response programing. The Nigeria Crisis Response is a joint effort of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria with the Church of the Brethren's Global Mission and Service and Brethren Disaster Ministries.
- News from local congregations, jobs, remembrance: Dora Belle Showalter, Venezuela baptisms, Children’s Disaster Services (CDS) volunteers in Missouri, book donations needed, Gaza live stream, Nigeria workcamp reflections, Hillcrest School anniversary, Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation training, "Explore Your Call" for high school students., Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietist Studies banquet, Global Women’s Project steering committee meeting, Christian Peacemaker Teams, IMA health...
- Philippians is a good resource for the church to consult as it ponders how to respond to undocumented people living in our country.
- McPherson (Kan.) College’s online Ventures program is offering upcoming courses on the book of Chronicles and faith formation.
- The Susquehanna Valley Ministry Center (SVMC) will offer two continuing education events this spring: “Ten-Plus Reasons to Love Leviticus” at Elizabethtown College, and “Cultivating Conversations...Navigating Elder Care Challenges” at Cross Keys Village in New Oxford, Pa.
- A worship service is planned as a closing event for the upper campus of the Brethren Service Center in New Windsor, Md., on April 30. Sale of the upper campus is expected to be completed in early May.
March 18, 2017
- NEWS 1) Mission and Ministry Board approves new areas of global mission 2) CCT issues call to prayer for Congress in upcoming decisions affecting those in poverty 3) Christian Churches Together holds forum on ‘the persecuted church’ 4) Haiti Medical Project has a new focus on pure water for Haiti UPCOMING EVENTS 5) Jubilee afternoon will be a breath of rejuvenation for Annual Conference 6) National Youth Conference 2018 theme is announced FEATURE 7) Please help them: Reflection of a Latino...
- Job openings, personnel, new dates for Nigeria workcamp, next webinars on “Mental Health” and “What Have the Children Done for Us?” new Brethren Disaster Ministries video, remembrance and celebration weekend at Brethren Service Center, annual assembly of the Brazilian Brethren, Office of Public Witness blogpost on indigenous opposition to pipeline, and more news by, for, and about Brethren