January 30, 2015
- The contextual Lenten Bible study written by the Rt. Rev. Terry Dance, Bishop of Norfolk in the Diocese of Huron, is now available on the Anglican Church of Canada website in its entirety. An overview of the study and readings for the first three weeks of Lent were previously published on Jan. 19. The new more »...
January 29, 2015
- Gathering input from dioceses across Canada and material from around the world, developers of a supplementary collection of congregational hymns are ready to bring their project into the limelight. The Hymn Book Supplement Task Force was formed approximately two years ago through the Faith, Worship and Ministry Committee of General Synod to explore the creation more »...
January 23, 2015
- The life and work of Archbishop Michael Peers, former primate of the Anglican Church of Canada, were the focus at Church House on Thursday during the official launch of the book More Than I Can Say: Michael Peers—A Memoir. A collection of stories and anecdotes from more than 70 contributors who have known Peers through more »...
January 22, 2015
- Twenty-five classis leaders and stated clerks, representing each of the 12 classes in Canada, recently met at the denominational offices in Burlington, Ontario to discuss the current state of classis in Canada, and possibilities for the future of classis.
January 21, 2015
January 16, 2015
- Its name may have changed, but the organization formerly known as the Church Army in Canada retains its singular focus on evangelism while offering an ever-increasing range of practical resources for those called to ministry. Threshold Ministries, which traces its roots to the Church Army founded by 19th century British evangelist William Carlile, adopted its...
January 13, 2015
January 12, 2015
- Anglican and Lutheran youth across Canada have the opportunity to bring water to homes in a remote, northern fly-in community as part of the ongoing National Youth Project (NYP). A joint effort between the Anglican Church of Canada and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada that works through the Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund more »...
January 11, 2015
January 9, 2015
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] The following are the opening remarks of Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori at the Executive Council of The Episcopal Church, currently meeting through January 11 at the Conference Center at the Maritime Institute in Linthicum Heights, MD.
Executive Council opening remarks
Maritime Center, Linthicum Heights, MD
The Most Rev....