July 2, 2015
- 1) Nigerian Brethren send letter of condolence to Emanuel AME Church. 2) AME bishops issue alert after seventh church fire since Charleston shootings. 3) Brethren Disaster Ministries directs $70,500 in EDF grants to Burundi refugee crisis. 4) Dominican Brethren receive support for effort to naturalize Haitian members. 5) Wenatchee wildfire affects Pacific Northwest Brethren. 6) Mission 21 adopts resolution on Nigeria crisis. 7) Reception at Annual Conference will honor general secretary Stanley...
- Brethren Disaster Ministries has directed another two grants from the Emergency Disaster Fund (EDF) totaling $70,500 to the Burundi refugee crisis, in addition to a grant of $11,500 that was made in June.
June 17, 2015
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] “The world too often wants to close its borders, board up its front doors, and drown out the cries of the hungry and unsheltered,” Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori states in her 2015 World Refugee Day message. “We are our brothers’ and sisters’ keepers, and when we’re reflective, we remember that our own wellbeing depends on the safety of others.”
World Refugee Day is June 20, and in her...
[17 de junio de 2015] “Con demasiada frecuencia el mundo quiere cerrar sus fronteras, condenar las puertas de entrada y ahogar los gritos de los hambrientos y los desprotegidos”, nos dice la Obispa Presidenta de la Iglesia Episcopal Katharine Jefferts Schori en su mensaje del Día Mundial del Refugiado 2015. (“Somos guardianes de nuestros hermanos y hermanas, y cuando somos reflexivos, recordamos que nuestro bienestar depende de la seguridad de los demás”.)
El Día Mundial del Refugiado...
June 10, 2015
- 1) Emergency Disaster Fund grants support Shalom in Burundi, CWS aid to Haitian Dominicans. 2) Interfaith community is built for Nigerians displaced by Boko Haram. 3) EYN teams available to visit churches this summer, choir tour itinerary is updated. 4) ‘Glory of Gardening’ webinar discusses spiritual benefits, wellness brought by gardening. 5) Registration closes soon for Ministers’ Association pre-Conference event. 6) Message from the moderator of Annual Conference 2015. 7) WCC general...
- The Brethren Disaster Ministries staff have directed two grants from the Church of the Brethren Emergency Disaster (EDF) to support the Shalom ministry’s work with Burundi refugees in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and to the work of Church World Service to assist Haitians living in the Dominican Republic.
June 3, 2015
- The Church of the Brethren’s Global Food Crisis Fund (GFCF) has allocated a number of grants totaling more than $90,000. The allocations support Proyecto Aldea Global in Honduras, THARS in Burundi, a community garden related to Mountain View Church of the Brethren in Idaho, two community garden projects in Spain, and agricultural training in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
May 28, 2015
[Anglican Communion News Service] The Province of the Anglican Church of Burundi is preparing to assist people displaced by violence and insecurity due to the ongoing political crisis in the country.
Unrest began last month with President Nkurunziza’s announcement that he intended to run for a third term of office, a re-election bid which his opponents say violates the constitution. At least 20 civilians have since died in clashes with police...
May 20, 2015
- Christian Aid partners are preparing to assist civilians caught up in the political unrest in Burundi, which in recent weeks has included violent street demonstrations, the exodus of over 100,000 people and last Wednesday's attempted military coup