July 3, 2015
- Reelected president Ted N. C. Wilson talks about the burdens of his role, getting more sleep, handling disappointments, and what he will focus on in the next five years.
- Wilson accepts the new five-year term with “quiet respect and humility.”
- The Seventh-day Adventist Church began with a handful of Millerite Christians trying to make sense of the Great Disappointment in 1844, when Jesus did not return as expected. This small band of faithful members refused to give up their faith. They shook off their despondency and resolutely obeyed the biblical injunction to prophesy “about many peoples, nations, tongues, and kings” (Rev. 10:11).1 From the ashes of history an end-time movement arose. Over the succeeding decades this small......
- Below is a list of the nominating committee for the 2015 GC Session. The 252-member committee is responsible for selecting names to be chosen for the Church’s top leaders. To learn more about the nominating committee check out the following article: http://news.adventist.org/en/all-news/news/go/2015-06-25/general-conference-session-101-a-look-inside-the-nominating-committee/ Trecartin, Homer - Chairman Hart, Richard - Vice-Chair Pollard, Leslie - Secretary Doss, Cheryl - Associate Secretary......
July 2, 2015
- The expansion seeks to more efficiently nurture the church’s fast-growing membership.
- Church leaders ask the delegates to do all in their power to strengthen the church.
- The leader of the breakaway church says it is a dream come true.
June 29, 2015
- More than 5,500 people attend the four-day workshop in the city of Austin.
June 26, 2015
- Seventh-day Adventist Church Maintains Biblical Stance
June 25, 2015
- Understanding the process of choosing leadership for the Adventist Church.