July 8, 2014
- ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2014: 1) Revision to Ministerial Leadership polity is adopted by Annual Conference. 2) Revision of 1996 Ethics for Congregations paper is approved by the delegates. 3) Query on Climate Change is returned, Conference declares the church is not of one mind on the issue. 4) Resolution supports Nigerian Brethren, invites worldwide community of Brethren to a week of fasting and prayer. 5) Delegates maintain current structure of Mission and Ministry Board; defer to 2015 other...
- Bits and pieces of the action at the 2014 Annual Conference including statistics on attendance, the Witness to the Host City, BBT's Fitness Challenge, honors and awards, 50th anniversary of "Middle Man," and more.
July 6, 2014
- Annual Conference delegates voted unanimously Saturday in favor of a resolution indicating solidarity with Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (EYN, the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria). The resolution comes as the Nigerian Brethren endure turmoil in their country.
- From toddlers to grandparents, participants of all ages enjoyed the energy of Saturday night’s hands-on activities, co-sponsored by the Annual Conference Programs and Arrangements Committee and the Outdoor Ministries Association.
- An overview of the closing day of the 2014 Annual Conference
- The response to the query on Guidance for Responding to the Changing of Earth’s Climate was defeated in a close vote, and the query was returned to the district and congregation where it originated. The response had been formulated by staff of the Office of Public Witness working with a study committee appointed by that office.
- The Annual Conference response to the query on More Equitable Representation on the Mission and Ministry Board was adopted. The content of the recommendation was unusually simple--to maintain the current structure of the Mission and Ministry Board with no changes to how members are chosen.
- An overview of the day at Annual Conference in Columbus on July 5, 2014
- An overview of the day at Annual Conference in Columbus
July 5, 2014
- Thursday evening July 3 the Brethren Revival Fellowship (BRF) hosted an insight session on July 3, titled “BRF Looks at Courageous and Cowardly Discipleship”--a topic directly connected to the Annual Conference theme “Live as Courageous Disciples.”