August 24, 2016
- This fall, construction will begin on a renovation and expansion project at the Burlington, Ontario office of the Christian Reformed Church. The new building will add additional work stations, increase meeting space, increase parking, and bring the building up to code on accessibility requirements.
- Sitting in a chair with his leg in a cast, Rev. James DeJong delivered his final lecture on CRC church history to participants in the Korean Institute in Ministry (KIM) program earlier this year.
- When Ezra Craker decided to go on a mission trip to Nicaragua this summer, his goal wasn’t to do volunteer work or bring the gospel to local residents. Instead, he went to learn.
- Residents throughout West Michigan responded to tornado sirens on Saturday, Aug. 20, 2016, and headed to safety.
- Stu Barton was a young boy when the sound of drums and singing led him to crawl under a fence to watch the night dancers at the annual Gallup Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial.
August 23, 2016
- When her pastor asked her to start a program aimed at helping troubled youth in Pella, Iowa, Danielle De Ruiter was afraid she didn’t have what it took.
August 17, 2016
- On August 5, the world’s attention was on Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. While people across the globe tuned into their televisions to watch the Olympic torch be lit, one World Renew employee was watching from the heart of athlete’s village.
- Rev. Ron Vanden Brink helped launch The Well, a church plant, by organizing a “Service Worship Sunday” in which he and members of the congregation cleaned graffiti from public spaces in the city of Kelowna, B.C. He recently started as the new director for Diaconal Ministries Canada.
August 16, 2016
- Christian Reformed Home Missions, Volunteers in Service, and Calvin College are teaming up once again for the annual Leadership Training Event. This year's event will be held at Calvin College on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
- It didn’t take long for LaPrea Anthony, when she was in Nicaragua, to learn that flexibility is often an essential trait for missionaries to have.