October 15, 2014
- Soon after I was ordained as a commissioned pastor at Coit Community Church last year, the pastor, Jerome Burton, suggested that we should apply for a Sustaining Congregational Excellence (SCE) Health & Renewal (HR) grant.
- The standard of forgiveness that Jesus set for us acts as one of the biggest hurdles of being imitators of Christ. Still, David wanted to overcome that hurdle.
October 14, 2014
- World Renew recently hosted a Q&A session with Mary Crickmore, World Renew West Africa Team Leader, and Wayne de Jong, director of World Renew Disaster Response & Rehabilitation, who questions about the Ebola crisis.
- In partnership with Church World Service, the Christian Reformed Church Office of Social Justice invites churches to join other Christians around the country in sending cards to the almost 700 undocumented mothers and children who have been detained at the Artesia Family Residential Center in New Mexico.
- Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa will be dedicating its newly renovated $12 million Science and Technology Center on Saturday, October 18, from 10:30 to 11 a.m.
- Most people have seen or heard of Charlton Heston’s entertaining film The Ten Commandments. Fewer are familiar with the 1989 Polish television drama series The Decalogue. But it’s a series worth watching and discussing.
October 13, 2014
- “Why am I going to bed at 10:30 p.m. only to get up at 11:45 p.m. for a two-hour time of prayer?” These were my thoughts ...
- Four and a half square feet of business cards is a lot of paper. Folding 160-170 pounds of cards into a physical model of a conceptually infinite pattern, or a fractal, is a lot of work.
- Joe Ortega makes no bones about who he is trying to reach as pastor of Celebration Community Church, a new church plant in Holland, Mich.
October 10, 2014
- A first-ever Chinese translation of the Christian Reformed Church's Church Order is now available on the synodical services page of the CRC's website.