June 23, 2016
- Kyle Meyaard-Schaap says he has heard several stories this week about the impact climate change is having on people who live along the Gulf Coast in such southern U.S. states as Louisiana.
- The Christian Reformed Church in North America joins the Christian coalition Circle of Protection in applauding U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan’s plan to address the root causes of poverty.
June 22, 2016
- When Maxwell Kanu completed his degree at the Theological College of Northern Nigeria, the words of one of his professors were still fresh in his mind.
- Anticipating what would have been the 90th birthday of Rev. Isaac Jen, Back to God Ministries International is releasing a special anniversary issue of Jen’s book, Systematic Theology.
- Adnon, his wife and three children are Syrian refugees who have been living in a tent in Lebanon for more than two years. In the winter, he wakes up in the middle of the night to brush the snow off the roof so the tent won’t collapse.
- Rev. Al Postma says he appreciated the chance to be a delegate to Synod 2016 while preparing to serve as the classis renewal coordinator for the Christian Reformed Church.
June 21, 2016
- Hugs, tears, and even laughter showed the relief of many people as verdicts were announced in the trial of two men accused of murdering Tim Bosma.
- Delegate after delegate lined up in the Calvin College Covenant Fine Arts Center last week to give impassioned speeches about the issue of same-sex marriage.
- Shao Po Thaw received the soccer ball from one of his teammates, reared back, and kicked it far down the field during the Refugee World Cup games.
June 17, 2016
- The name of the upcoming 2017 denominational gathering was announced today at Synod 2016. Synod delegates were given envelopes containing Scrabble tiles and instructed to use the letters they found on the tiles to spell out the name of the gathering: Inspire 2017.