October 24, 2014
- The report from the Task Force to Study the Offices of Elder and Deacon has been sent to CRC congregations and classes for review prior to Synod 2015.
- Business leaders who are at work in Liberia, one of the epicenters of the Ebola outbreak, have decided not to come to next week’s Marketplace Revolution '14 Conference in Grand Rapids, Mich., says Doug Seebeck, president of the business ministry Partners Worldwide.
October 23, 2014
- Members of the Christian Reformed Church in Canada and the United States stand together in sympathy with the family of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, 24, a Canadian Forces reservist from Hamilton, Ontario, who was killed in the shootings in Ottawa on Wednesday. A gunman shot and fatally wounded Cirillo at the National War Memorial before being shot dead in Parliament's Centre Block. We pray for God's peace, in Ottawa and around the world.
October 22, 2014
- Calvin Theological Seminary will host Rev. Luke A. Powery at its Fall Preaching Conference on Thursday, Nov. 6. from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the seminary’s chapel and auditorium.
- Meet Bertha: a happy wife and mother from Papua who rejoices in the Lord. But she has a confession to make.
October 15, 2014
- Soon after I was ordained as a commissioned pastor at Coit Community Church last year, the pastor, Jerome Burton, suggested that we should apply for a Sustaining Congregational Excellence (SCE) Health & Renewal (HR) grant.
- The standard of forgiveness that Jesus set for us acts as one of the biggest hurdles of being imitators of Christ. Still, David wanted to overcome that hurdle.
October 14, 2014
- World Renew recently hosted a Q&A session with Mary Crickmore, World Renew West Africa Team Leader, and Wayne de Jong, director of World Renew Disaster Response & Rehabilitation, who questions about the Ebola crisis.
- In partnership with Church World Service, the Christian Reformed Church Office of Social Justice invites churches to join other Christians around the country in sending cards to the almost 700 undocumented mothers and children who have been detained at the Artesia Family Residential Center in New Mexico.
- Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa will be dedicating its newly renovated $12 million Science and Technology Center on Saturday, October 18, from 10:30 to 11 a.m.