May 17, 2013
- For 144 days people around the world have been captivated by photos taken by a man living in a small metal box.
- The event is not about condemning people, but it’s about lovingly leading them to the ultimate solution…Jesus. I've got a challenge for you: will you make a stand on the issue of porn, face it head on with boldness rather than burying your head in the sand
- Michael Moynagh talks about the importance of not only contextualising the gospel but the church.
- Learning with Barth how we might do that afresh today. Christina Baxter talks about what we can learn about contextualisation from Karl Barth.
May 16, 2013
- Pornography: instantly accessible poison. Porn isn’t new to this generation, but its’ move from top shelf magazines to the phone in your pocket is. Instant access to porn presents everyone from governments, employers, parents, and churches with new challenges.
- The first bond of society is marriage. This basic relationship has remained a constant in our ever changing world. Yet today marriage is so revolutionary that our culture seeks to redefine it.
- Relationships are what life is all about. This is obvious but often overlooked. Through relationship we find our sense of identity, purpose, belonging and wellbeing. Good relationships improve health, happiness and life expectancy.
- David Cameron was under sustained pressure this week to strengthen his position on the European Union after MPs from his party broke ranks.
- The controversial Bill to redefine marriage will be debated again by MPs on the floor of the House of Commons on 20 and 21 May as they consider amendments to the proposals at report stage and Third Reading.
- The Alliance in Wales has been working recently on the issue of violence against women, an area that has attracted masses of international media coverage