May 16, 2013
- Pornography: instantly accessible poison. Porn isn’t new to this generation, but its’ move from top shelf magazines to the phone in your pocket is. Instant access to porn presents everyone from governments, employers, parents, and churches with new challenges.
- The first bond of society is marriage. This basic relationship has remained a constant in our ever changing world. Yet today marriage is so revolutionary that our culture seeks to redefine it.
- Relationships are what life is all about. This is obvious but often overlooked. Through relationship we find our sense of identity, purpose, belonging and wellbeing. Good relationships improve health, happiness and life expectancy.
- David Cameron was under sustained pressure this week to strengthen his position on the European Union after MPs from his party broke ranks.
- The controversial Bill to redefine marriage will be debated again by MPs on the floor of the House of Commons on 20 and 21 May as they consider amendments to the proposals at report stage and Third Reading.
- The Alliance in Wales has been working recently on the issue of violence against women, an area that has attracted masses of international media coverage
- Last week the Northern Ireland Executive finally began the process of re-launching the long awaited for and newly re-branded shared future initiative.
- This week a state of emergency has been announced by President Goodluck in three states in the north of Nigeria; Borno, Yobe and Adamawa.
- Christians in Scotland have a long history of caring for our children and young people – we must continue now.
May 15, 2013
- A summary of statistics relating to families, households and relationships.