September 9, 2014
- Members of Girls’ Brigade England & Wales are joining in with a social media campaign to pray and advocate for the school girls kidnapped in Nigeria earlier this year, as the 150 day anniversary approaches.
- Christians are being encouraged to take part in a major Equality and Human Rights Commission survey by 14 October 2014.
September 5, 2014
- The recent account of the Home Office researcher who drew attention to vital statistics and dynamics in her 2002 report into the sexual exploitation of children in Rotherham reminds us that speaking truth to power is both costly and precious. Twelve year on, the process of setting things right is only just beginning.
- The NATO summit comes to Wales on 4 to 5 September 2014. During working sessions at the Celtic Manor and more informal events in Cardiff, world leaders will look to address issues which threaten NATO countries’ national security, from fragile states to piracy, from terrorism to cyber-attacks.
- A prayer for peace in the Middle East - by Fred Drummond, director of prayer, Evangelical Alliance
- Rebekah Brettle from the Neighbourhood Prayer Network reflects on the findings of the Alliance's latest research, suggesting ways we can get to know our neighbours more.
September 4, 2014
- The Archbishop of Canterbury is condemning the extreme religious ideology of the Islamic State, which he says “knows no limits in its persecution of those who are culturally or religiously different”.
September 3, 2014
- At the beginning of a new academic year, I am reminded again of the Alliance’s founding vision, inspired by Jesus’s prayer in John 17: “I in them and you in me – so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” Will you join with us to see this vision made reality?
- Because of your support in 2013-14... 25,000 people heard the Home for Good message at conferences and festivals... The Alliance represented the evangelical Church in 557 media appearances... 2,500 people have visited the Alliance premises in King’s Cross since our move in March 2013
September 2, 2014
- Information on Christian counselling and pastoral care organisations.