April 30, 2015
- Do you have any questions about politics? Now is your chance to have all your queries answered, during our web chat next week.
- Archbishop Justin Welby, leader of the Church of England, is to become the first patron of debt counselling charity Christians against Poverty (CAP).
April 28, 2015
- European leaders agreed to triple funding for rescue operations aimed at migrant boats in the Mediterranean following crisis talks in Brussels on Thursday. While international attention has now turned to the earthquake in Nepal, the migrant crisis continues. The number of people fleeing war and poverty in the Middle East and Africa has risen sharply in recent months. The talks last week followed the recent spate of boats, containing trafficked or fleeing migrants, capsizing....
- What does it mean to be an evangelical today? How do we define what evangelicals believe, and what implications does this have for the church's mission in the twenty-first century? In this ground breaking book, the Evangelical Alliance draws together the results of extensive research on a wide range of subjects, including belief and identity, church life, social action, gender, international relations and the charismatic movement....
April 27, 2015
- Urgent relief is being provided by Alliance members to victims of the Nepal and parts of India this weekend, leaving more than 2,300 dead and thousands seriously injured.
April 26, 2015
- With less than two weeks to go until the general election a new survey from the Evangelical Alliance finds that nearly a quarter of evangelical have yet to decide how to cast their vote.
April 24, 2015
- A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again by David Foster Wallace is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read. The story of his one-week cruise aboard the MV Zenith - which Wallace rechristens the Nadir - was recommended to me after I complained on Facebook about being accosted by a man convinced I was in the market for “pampering”.
- The Evangelical Alliance is urging Christians to gather for prayer outside the Houses of Parliament on the eve of the general election.
- On 24 April 2013, 1133 people were killed and over 2500 workers injured when the Rana Plaza factory complex collapsed in Dhaka, Bangladesh. To ensure a tragedy like this won’t happen in the future, Fashion Revolution Day, a global movement now held annually on 24 April, was born.
- Much as we love the elections we thought we would take a week off - more or less.