June 10, 2014
- The Christian Golf Society (CGS) has announced a new partnership for CGS National Church Golf Cup 2014. Alliance member, Christian Vision for Men (CVM), is joining with them to encourage more churches than ever before to stage outreach golf daysthis year.
- Confronted with statistics and the reality of declining rates of Bible reading, leaders are looking for answers. Biblica’s research has shown that much of the problem stems from only reading the Bible in fragments, out of context and in isolation. Community Bible Experience turns this on its head. It’s about the whole story, read in context and shared in community.
- A new report released yesterday by Oxfam, Church Action On Poverty and The Trussell Trust entitled Below the Breadline shows that food banks and food aid charities gave more than 20 million meals last year to people in Britain who could not afford to feed themselves – a 44 per cent increase on the previous 12 months.
June 9, 2014
- Over the past year, from appeals alone, supporters like you have raised a wonderful £56,856 to support three of the Alliance’s most vital initiatives: threads, the One People Commission and Public Leadership.
June 7, 2014
- An overwhelming majority of British men shy away from applying to become foster dads because they think they’ll be rejected. But the church-based organisation Home for Good says that this fear is unfounded, and is appealing to Christian men to step forward this Father’s Day.
June 6, 2014
- Seventy years ago today more than 150,000 men took to the shores of Normandy in France. They landed at beaches named, Utah Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword. Wind threw the landing crafts off course, and gunfire rained down as the allied troops advanced.
June 5, 2014
- A first-ever gathering of church leaders from all streams in connection with gospel music is planned for 13-14 June at The Drum Arts Centre in Birmingham.
June 4, 2014
- In this week’s Queen’s Speech the government introduced the Modern Slavery Bill in the hopes of tackling slavery and human trafficking in the UK
- Politicians on both sides of the referendum divide went head-to-head with each other and members of the public in Perth on Monday night at the first in a series of church-organised debates.
- Going through tough experiences invariably has an impact on a person’s faith, whether positively or negatively. Time for Discipleship, a recent Evangelical Alliance study, which is part of the series 21st Century Evangelicals, found that: ‘While 83 per cent [of respondents] have experienced a major period of difficulty in their life, God has carried people through, with only 3 per cent saying the crisis has damaged their faith in the long term’....