July 7, 2015
- Keith is a brand strategy consultant. He advises international firms on how best to understand, manage and promote their brands. His clients include luxury Swiss watch companies, Icelandic banks, American broadcasters, British car manufacturers, airports, law firms and schools. He’s also the former head of marketing for Samsung and Citroën cars. Two of his brothers are vicars, he is married to a classical musician and has four children and one grandchild....
July 6, 2015
- Churches are being encouraged to use the Rugby World Cup to reach out to their local community. Engage 2015 has partnered with multiple organisations to produce “Game of Life”, a set of resources to help churches use the upcoming international rugby tournament to interact with those in their area.
- Only 42 per cent of churchgoers think that poverty is being made history, according to a survey conducted in April by Evangelical Alliance member Compassion UK.
July 3, 2015
- I saw the most wonderfully Christian response from a non-Christian on Facebook this week. I had posted something about the Greek debt crisis, suggesting that Greek debt be forgiven, mainly on the basis of previous debt-cancellations other countries have enjoyed and because austerity has caused so much suffering in the lives of the Greek people.
- Peter Wooding from Samaritan's Purse tells us of the much-needed work the charity is carrying out in the country, which he witnessed first-hand on a recent trip.
July 2, 2015
- Steve Clifford, general director of the Evangelical Alliance, speaks out against a planned neo-Nazi protest this weekend that is expected to include virulent anti-Semitic messages.
June 30, 2015
- More than a third of teenagers have been too stressed to sleep, according to new research by The Children’s Society. The findings, which reveal 16 and 17 year olds are battling anxiety and feeling judged by society, has led the charity to launch a campaign calling for urgent action to protect the most vulnerable teenagers.
June 29, 2015
- Every year the Department of Health publishes a range of national statistics. Among them is a brief report on the number and nature of abortions carried out in England and Wales. The 2014 statistics have just been published and raise some very important questions for everyone.
June 26, 2015
- This week a friend of mine tweeted the link to a video clip of a message by John Piper absolutely slamming the 'prosperity gospel' that has been so widely preached in some circles. Us having physical wealth and comfort does not make Jesus look beautiful to others. It makes wealth and prosperity look appealing. It values the gift above the giver.
- This week’s video blog looks at how we as evangelicals respond to the issue of creation care, especially in light of the Pope’s recent Encyclical.