February 7, 2014
- A former poet laureate has stressed the importance of Bible literacy among Britain’s children, after a poll revealed today’s young people know far less about scripture than their parents did.
- The sad news of Philip Seymour Hoffman’s death hit the news on Sunday. The multiple award-winning actor and director died of a drug overdose at his New York home – a tremendous loss to his friends and family, a huge blow to the acting world and to fans of his unique and skillful performances. Of course it isn’t just the rich and famous who are riddled with such heartbreaking pain – how many others unknown to the public eye have died of similar causes, either accidental or intentional?...
- Alliance member,Tearfund, is tackling sexual violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) war zone, where a woman is raped on average every 90 seconds. Silent No More is a collaboration between Tearfund and the Anglican church in the DRC
- Evangelical Alliance Wales has welcomed the news that work has started to turn a deconsecrated church in North Wales into a new one million pound visitor centre. Named in honour of a 15-year-old, Mary Jones World will be based at St Beuno’s Church, at Llanycil, Bala
February 6, 2014
- For church services, small group study, children's and youth groups and personal study.
- Female genital mutilation (FGM,or female circumcision) is a heartbreaking problem in countries worldwide.
- Thousands of couples at venues across the UK will reaffirm their wedding vows simultaneously on Saturday 8 February 2014 at 5:15pm. The Big Promise is attempting to achieve the world record as part of Marriage Week 2014.
February 5, 2014
- Reality through Relationship: Some thoughts on approaching the past
- Our director of prayer Rev Fred Drummond encourages you to pray through the Psalms in our weekly reflection.
- Evangelical Alliance condemns the redefinition of marriage and says in God’s sight it remains between man and woman