November 19, 2014
- Updating you on Lord Falconer's Assisted Dying Bill and a new bill introduced to parliament that would make it illegal have sex-selective abortions in the UK.
November 18, 2014
- The Church of England’s General Synod has been told that the facts on the ground were “simply devastating” for religious minorities. More than 12.2 million people in Syria are in need of assistance, and 1.8 million in Iraq are displaced.
- Tom Elliot is a 24-year-old entertainer who aspires to be different to the usual crude comedians. Among plenty of laughs, tricks, silly props and audience participation, he shares a positive and life-affirming message. The funny man who fronts Laughing with Tom also contributed to Does God LOL, alongside names such as Milton Jones, Paul Kerensa and Tim Vine.
- The Evangelical Alliance has become one of the latest organisations to become accredited as a Living Wage employer.
November 17, 2014
- Parliament Week kicked off with the Youth Parliament taking over the House of Commons on Friday 14 November. It draws together more than 100 events aimed at increasing awareness of politics and providing opportunities for the public to get involved.
- Is Christianity past its sell-by date?
- Christians are being called to join a week of prayer to support and raise awareness for all those affected by the criminal justice system.
November 14, 2014
- UK church leaders have added their tributes following the death of international leader Dr Myles Munroe earlier this week.
- Another week, another headline. Another country, another suicide bombing. Another city, another kidnapping. Yet if we call ourselves Christians, we are called to overcome the temptation of compassion fatigue – to care about suffering, and to express the love of God to a world in pain.
- A church-based project that provides free, healthy, cooked meals to pupils during the holidays won an award at an inaugural ceremony celebrating innovative Christian mission this week.