March 28, 2014
- Even now, no one is entirely sure where the earthly remains of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 and its human cargo are to be found. Today there are reports that the search zone has moved due to a new theory from investigators about the aircraft’s speed and fuel consumption. We feel we cannot rest until we know what became of those 227 passengers and 12 crew.
- Communities all over the country will be commemorating the start of the First World War one hundred years ago. 2014 will see villages, towns and cities remembering the fallen and sacrifice of countless servicemen. Mission movement HOPE is supporting local churches by equipping and encouraging them to give practical and prayerful support to their communities.
March 27, 2014
- Church Army has launched its Xplore ‘year in’ for young adults aged 18 to 25. A low cost alternative to the traditional gap year, the Xplore ‘year in’ seeks to shape itself around participants’ circumstances by allowing them to remain at home while receiving online training and support.
March 25, 2014
- The Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby and Pope Francis gave their backing to a ground-breaking ecumenical initiative to combat modern slavery and human trafficking; a united agreement between Anglicans and Catholics.
March 24, 2014
- List of forthcoming events for the CEO and Chairs of Trustees forums
March 23, 2014
- In the run up to Mother’s day the Mums for Good campaign, part of the Home for Good initiative, has been asking what people appreciate about their mother or the highs and lows of being a mum.
March 21, 2014
- Through caring for ex-offenders in Scotland, churches can be an important part of the process of valuing individuals, taking time to get to know them, being aware of the dangers and pitfalls both for themselves and each individual leaving prison. Learning what they need - medical advice, benefits advice, work, education etc - and providing support to help decision-making, appointment-keeping and finding good company and influences. Showing love....
- Friday Night Theology from Matthew Hosier looks at riches and glory – two things that motivate the ambitious because they represent power and success. We're seeing something of this in Vladimir Putin’s leadership of Russia.
- Celebrating the success of Abolition Scotland's campaign, as the Scottish government announces a bill which will provide some of the most comprehensive anti-trafficking legislation anywhere in the world.
- Thursday, 20 March, saw the Wales Bill introduced to the UK parliament, devolving tax and borrowing powers to Wales.