April 23, 2015
- Wales has seen a dramatic rise in the use of food banks over the past twelve months. Here we explore how the four main parties in Wales have addressed poverty in their manifestos.
- We are almost half way through our hustings events in Northern Ireland and there is much to report.
- Manoj Raithatha had it all. A booming property business, a picture-book family and the power to shape his destiny. His was a life to envy. Then his professional and personal worlds were shattered.
- It seems, for the moment, that independence divides us as much as ever. Will it always be so?
April 22, 2015
- Following a recent case in which a member church was initially landed with a six-figure business rates bill, we summarise the issues churches and charities need to consider and encourage them to respond to the government consultation.
- The chair of the Garissa Christian Students’ Union in Kenya has spoken about his harrowing experience during the Moi University attack this Maundy Thursday, 2 April, which killed at least 148 of his fellow students and injured 79.
April 17, 2015
- There are a lot of people at the moment who want your vote and the politicians have been talking about the issues that they believe will win us over. But are we looking at the speck of sawdust in someone else’s eye while we ignore the plank in our own eye?
- Hustings is a great old English word used to describe pre-election debates. We hosted a hustings for the hotly contested East Belfast seat on Monday past – you can read what the Belfast Telegraph had to say here.
- Forty years ago Arun Sok Nhep made a promise. Like hundreds of thousands of others, he’d been imprisoned during the Pol Pot regime, but he vowed that if got saved his life and got him out of prison, he would one day return to serve the ethnic minority people of South East Asia.
April 16, 2015
- The following hustings are being co-hosted by the Evangelical Alliance in Northern Ireland, CARE and the local Church in the run up to the General Election on 7th May 2015.....