January 22, 2015
- After ten plus weeks of turbulent talks the fact an agreement was reached at all on 23 December surprised many. Although a lot of detail is still needed, the Evangelical Alliance welcomes the spirit of this Agreement and the attempt to work together for reconciliation.
January 21, 2015
- The Archbishop of Canterbury is to speak out about the increasing persecution of Christians around the world. On 4 February the Most Reverend and Rt Hon Justin Welby will be launching the Religious Liberty Commission, a new partnership of organisations galvanised by the growing problem of religious cleansing and violent attacks against Christians.
January 20, 2015
- For church services, small group study, children's and youth groups and personal study.
- Marc Griffiths is a ventriloquist from Sheffield and has spoken to more than one million children. He got to the top six of Britain's Got Talent in 2012, and won the Mustard Seed Gold National Award in the same year. He tours with his puppet Kevin. We interviewed the pair this week.
- The Evangelical Alliance, which represents more than two million evangelical Christians across 79 denominations, has cautiously welcomed reports that The Sun is dropping its topless page 3 models in its print edition from next week.
- The Evangelical Alliance has "cautiously" welcomed the end of Page 3 in The Sun's printed edition, after campaigning for the move.
January 16, 2015
- In such a terrible and confusing week, which raises so many hugely complicated questions, ‘Emersongate’ seems almost a bit of light relief that we are all happy to latch onto just to break the tension.
- Over 300 youth workers from across Scotland have arrived in the Highlands today for one of Scotland’s largest youth work conferences.
- #Jesuischarlie has been trending around the world, but what is an appropriate Christian response to the attacks on Paris?
January 15, 2015
- A national Christian leader is calling for Wales to open its heart to other cultures and faiths, after a silent vigil this week for the recent atrocities in France.