November 5, 2014
- "This is the Church at work." From festivals to Messy Church, churches across the country and finding new ways of reaching the community they serve.
November 4, 2014
- Ninety Christian leaders from every continent have signed an open letter to G20 leaders, urging them to take determined action on corruption and tax evasion.
- The Evangelical Alliance is asking millennials their opinion of church in reaction to claims that evangelicals should “wake up and smell the coffee” over the decline of young people in the Church.
November 3, 2014
- These issues are fundamental to life, human dignity, freedom and responsibility. They are worthy of critical analysis, earnest prayer and Bible study and compassionate advocacy. As in every other area of life we seek to bring good news and redemption, hope and life.
- GP workload is increasing rapidly for a number of reasons. It would be easy to put it all down to the ageing population and the greater burden of ill-health carried by people in their later years, but there are other forces at play.
November 1, 2014
- What are the best ways to tackle poverty? Are you personally responding to poverty issues? Is your church is tackling poverty in its local area? What’s your view on government policy relating to poverty?
October 31, 2014
- An alarm app called iCukoo, released this week, allows you to donate to charity as a penalty for hitting the snooze button. This triggered my reflection on the nature of our contemporary neighbourly concern. The general pattern seems to be the use of something trivial, entertaining, self-serving or self-promoting to raise awareness and money for charities.
- Nicky Waters is the fundraising project manager at the Alliance.
- For many Christians today is seen as one of the darkest nights of the year. Evil is glorified and often seen as just a bit of harmless fun. Zombies, ghost and bloodied characters roam the streets and often engage in door knocking, seeking out sweet treats to take home. Shrieks and screams can be heard throughout the night amongst much laughter and giggling.
- A new horror film is set to bring a controversial Christian message to secular film-goers. Produced by Affirm Films, a division of Sony Pictures, The Remaining is a faith-based horror.