November 21, 2014
- An eyewitness who held the “completely burnt” bones of the Christian couple in Pakistan has called for peace. A Release International employee was handed a bag containing the bones of 26-year-old Shahzad Masih and his 24-year-old wife Shama Bibi, who were burnt alive on 4 November.
- A selection of Christmas facts and figures and some quotes from newspapers and survey reports.
- This week Band Aid 30 released Do They Know it’s Christmas? It’s the fourth incarnation of the song, including the original 30 years ago. Already this version has become the biggest-selling single of 2014 and raised millions of pounds to help tackle Ebola in Africa. But Mr Geldof and friends have faced a fair degree of criticism and critique this time round.
November 20, 2014
- As Northern Ireland struggles to articulate a new and collective post-conflict narrative for the good of everyone in society, the Evangelical Alliance believes that a breadth of indicators which include wellbeing could help to broaden the nation’s vision.
- As Scotland's longest serving First Minister exits the stage, Kieran Turner reflects on the personal and leadership lessons we can learn from Alex Salmond.
- With Gwynedd Council passing a trade embargo on Israel, Jim argues this is a worrying precedent and calls for community cohesion and religious freedom to be preserved in Wales.
- This Christmas, we'd love to mobilise churches across the UK to work together to help those most in need in our communities. But to do this, we need your help.
- With the Modern Slavery Bill having its second reading in the House of Lords this week, we update you on the progress of this important bill.
November 19, 2014
- Following the release of the Pilling Report in November 2013, the Church of England has announced a programme of formal 'facilitated conversations' on sexuality. Here Don Horrocks points to available resources for those seeking guidance on how to organise and conduct such conversations.
- Updating you on Lord Falconer's Assisted Dying Bill and a new bill introduced to parliament that would make it illegal have sex-selective abortions in the UK.