January 26, 2015
- When churches work together, communities can be transformed.
- The Evangelical Alliance UK has welcomed the appointment of Bishop Efraim Tendero as the new secretary general and CEO of the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA).
January 25, 2015
- The UK’s largest Christian Disability Charity and largest Christian mental health information charity have joined forces to create a new resource to help churches tackle mental health stigma
January 23, 2015
- Leaving behind the fictional world of TV, how far am I willing to go in showing my support for what matters to me?
- This week's blog looks at the implications of the new NI budget - who got what? The budget was the first stage to implementing the Stormont House Agreement, so we look briefly at the highlights of the deal and what role the churches can play as Northern Ireland continues to move forward. Finally, we take a look at page 3 - not literally of course! EA got behind the 'No more page three' campaign which may or may not, have been successful. Regardless of what The Sun decides, more work needs to be...
January 22, 2015
- In the latest Evangelical Alliance survey on politics, to be published on 19 February, there is evidence that the government’s redefinition of marriage remains an important factor influencing evangelicals’ votes.
- New draft government guidance will effectively require university authorities to vet visiting speakers’ talks and presentational materials for Christian Union meetings. Such proposals will convey blanket powers for universities to censor all outside speakers.
- The problems of extremism and radicalisation are ones that are being taken seriously in Wales, not least of all by many within the Muslim community and by the Prevent counter-terrorism groups. And there is a growing role for Christians to play.
- The Evangelical Alliance, representing more than two million evangelical Christians, is disappointed that the Page 3 topless models have returned after a refreshing break that lasted just 72 hours. Steve Clifford calls on Rupert Murdoch to take firm leadership to end this old-fashioned topless parade.
- When one part suffers, all suffer. Here Zoe Smith from Open Doors digs deeper into their World Watch List 2015, which details the reality of life for persecuted Christians across the globe.