December 19, 2014
- A week away from Christmas, the shops are teaming with people, supermarkets are selling an abundance of turkey, mince pies and Brussel Sprouts, with 'methane belches' a regrettable yet inevitable consequence – though these are only newsworthy if they appear on the surface of Mars.
- Following the Supreme Court ruling on two Glasgow midwives' request for a conscientious objection to being involved in abortion procedures Evangelical Alliance Scotland responds.
- Whatever the outcome of these talks, the Evangelical Alliance is encouraging and supporting all those involved, and praying for the peace and prosperity of Northern Ireland in the year ahead.
- This year has been a pivotal year not just in Scottish politics, but across the whole of the UK.
December 18, 2014
- The Evangelical Alliance’s general director has signed a letter for the Prime Minister calling for slavery-free supply chains.
- Following a heated debate, Welsh Assembly Members voted that the National Assembly for Wales should not support the principles of Lord Falconer's Assisted Dying Bill.
- Hillsong Church London is preparing to host the largest Christmas carol service in the UK this Sunday at London’s Wembley Arena. Ralph Boer, Hillsong’s head of communications, spoke to the Evangelical Alliance about why carols are still relevant today.
- Rather than the state deciding what ‘British values’ are and imposing them on schools, there is need for a broader debate.
December 17, 2014
- With the government facing a mighty challenge to get borrowing under control and start to reduce the debt, Amelia reminds us that a society's true worth is reflected in the treatment of their most vulnerable.
- The Evangelical Alliance's general director Steve Clifford reflects as Christmas approaches.