November 29, 2013
- Rapping, X-Factor, bubble gum and fluff; these aren’t immediately the things that spring to mind when it comes to putting together a presentation about the nativity. But a talented team at Slough Baptist Church are doing just that.
November 28, 2013
- British actor Nonso Anozie is known for his tough guy roles in films such as Game of Thrones, Conan the Barbarian and Ender’s Game. In his early career he played the title role in William Shakespeare's King Lear and won the Ian Charleson Award in 2004 for his performance in Othello. He plays strong man Samson in The Bible TV series starting this Saturday on Channel 5.
November 27, 2013
- Girls’ Brigade (GB) member, 11-year-old Grace Kelly, attended the launch of Step up to Serve at Buckingham Palace and was interviewed by BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme. Grace was recognised for her fund-raising activites in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society since she lost her grandmother to the disease.
- Two of the largest Christian charities in the United Kingdom have teamed up to help everyone to join the conversation around the epic 10-hour Emmy Award-winning television mini-series THE BIBLE. The series starts this Saturday 30 November on Channel 5 at 9pm.
- The good work started by the Forum for Change education cluster will now be continued by the newly-established Evangelical Alliance Education Commission (EAEC).
November 25, 2013
- This year’s Inspire Awards is set to showcase some of the best-kept secrets in the community since the awards started in 2008. The awards scheme searches for and recognises unsung Christian heroes.
- Government plans to cap the costs of loans have been welcomed by Christian campaigners.
- The Archbishops of Canterbury and York have announced that Canon Phil Potter will be the next Archbishops’ missioner and leader of the Fresh Expressions team.
November 22, 2013
- CAP launches food campaign for Christmas season
- Have you said ‘sorry’ recently, or been apologised to? What was the context? You may have said ‘sorry’ quickly after bumping into someone, or for being late. Or you may have had to apologise for something you said or did which caused offence or harm....