October 16, 2014
- New research on self image has been released to coincide with Body Confidence week. This poor self image is found to be affecting everything from relationships to exercise and job interviews. More than half of those surveyed feel powerless about society's obsessions with looks.
- Westminster and the rest of the UK will change as a result of the debates that are beginning now. Whatever the outcome, the values of the kingdom of God are the ones that will ultimately transform our nation, and it is time for us to show them now.
- A prayer for use on the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church
- Tuesday, 7 October, marked a significant day in the life of the National Assembly for Wales as a copy of the 1588 William Morgan Welsh translation of the Bible was officially presented.
October 15, 2014
- So did the parties succeed in convincing voters that they have the vision, leadership and policy that will see the UK and individuals flourish?
- With the home secretary announcing new plans to tackle extremism, Don Horrocks outlines how these could pose a serious danger to fundamental civil liberties, restricting free speech for everyone.
October 13, 2014
- A team of cyclists are beginning a 5-day challenge tomorrow to end slavery, cycling from Liverpool to London.
October 10, 2014
- Stories from the Pride of Britain awards remind Israel Olofinjana of an equally inspiring figure, though one who was not honoured during his life, Daniels Ekarte (1890s-1964).
- This week the Justice Minister, David Forde, announced a consolation on the criminal law on abortion law in Northern Ireland. A change in the law has been proposed to allow for abortion in the cases of ‘lethal foetal abnormality’ and views are sought on whether to allow abortion in cases involving sexual crime. There is also a proposal to allow for a conscience clause for medical practitioners.
- Exactly 60 years after Billy Graham’s crusade, another gospel mission in Harringay is gearing up to bring the good news to a new generation in the area.