May 10, 2013
- Churches can tend to shy away from topics such as pornography and sex but a Portsmouth church is seizing an opportunity to raise awareness and address the growing problem of pornography. 'Porn Sunday' 19 May
May 8, 2013
- The nation's favourite choir made its way into the Guinness World Records over the weekend as part of its 30th birthday celebrations.
- Thousands of Christians are expected to unite in prayer and worship on Parliament Square from 6-7pm this Saturday 11 May. Pentecost Festival, 7.14 and Open Doors are leading Christians of all ages and backgrounds.
- The search is on to find the top ten churches built in the UK since 1953 in a new architecture competition launched by the National Churches Trust
May 7, 2013
- The Church of England annual statistics for 2011 signify a stabilisation which is seen as an encouraging change to the usual declining rates.
- Ed Thornton is a journalist with the Church Times. He used to work for a political magazine in Westminster and as a business journalist.
May 3, 2013
- British Paralympic visually-impaired athlete, Anna Sharkey, has become Mercy Ships' newest ambassador. Anna, a goalball champion who competed in the London 2012 Paralympic Games alongside her brother Michael, is passionate about supporting the work of Mercy Ships to help the poor.
- Over the May Day bank holiday weekend (4 – 6 May) over a thousand volunteers from local Bristol churches will be working in the gardens of vulnerable adults, clearing and tidying public spaces, washing cars, playing football, cooking burgers, feeding senior citizens, running local fun afternoons and praying on the streets.
- Poverty cast a shadow over recent news, locally and globally. FNT: Dhaka, food banks and development. 'They' should do something?
- A Journey in Reconciliation: an exploration of the friendship of C.S. Lewis with J.R.R.Tolkein