July 15, 2015
- Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Jewish and Hindu leaders will send a strong message to perpetrators of domestic abuse within their own faiths when they gather at the House of Lords this evening to endorse a declaration that domestic abuse “can never be justified by the teachings of our faith”.
July 14, 2015
- Warriors, a documentary following the progress of a cricket team of Maasai warriors who use the sport to raise awareness about social injustice in their home community, premiered last night.
July 10, 2015
- The Church of England has appointed the first 'church planting' bishop to fulfill plans of establishing 100 new worshipping communities in London. The Rev Ric Thorpe has been approved as the first Bishop of the Suffragan See of Islington in the Diocese of London since its suspension in 1923
- This week the country stopped to remember the devastating attacks that hit London ten years ago on 7/7. This anniversary and other recent terror attacks were playing on my mind as I headed up to the famous Wimbledon queues. It sounds negative but I had been thinking about the potential of a big British sporting event such as Wimbledon being a target. After all, the queues comprise of people from all over the world....
- Every year in Northern Ireland there are around 5000 parades. Many of these are charity and sporting events, about 60% are Loyalist/Unionist parades and about 3% are nationalist. Only about 5% of the total number of parades are considered 'contentious'.
July 9, 2015
- I wanted to hear from individuals who would be approaching these issues from a very different viewpoint to my own,
- As part of the budget speech, George Osborne has confirmed that there will be a consolation on extending shop opening hours above the six hour current limit on Sundays.
- The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, spoke at News UK’s London headquarters on the 10th Anniversary of the 7/7 terrorist attacks in London about the “unescapable reality” of having Jesus in his life.
July 8, 2015
- Today the Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, unveiled this parliament’s first budget and the first from an all-Conservative government in almost two decades.
- A manicurist, a campaigner against female genital mutilation [FGM], and a singer songwriter from North Wales have graduated from Church Mission Society’s Pioneer Mission Leadership Training programme