December 11, 2014
- We're very excited to reveal to you the first ever church-produced viral ad, designed to challenge this year's clutch of Christmas supermarket ads, has been revealed on YouTube.
December 9, 2014
- Prince Philip Kiril, the Prussian prince whose great, great grandfather was Kaiser Wilhelm, who signed the declaration that started the First World War, said his was sorry for his family’s actions on BBC Radio 4's Today programme this morning.
- Kathleen Eng, a 14-year-old pupil at Thames Christian College, explores the pressures faced by young people today.
December 8, 2014
- Every person in forced labour is one too many, and there are currently 21 million people in forced labour around the world.
- BBC rejects Evangelical Alliance's complaint of about BBC South East TV news report
- An inquiry led by Frank Field MP and the Bishop of Truro, Tim Thornton, has called for action by the government to tackle both the present crisis, and address the underlying causes.
December 5, 2014
- Understandably, when a friend heard the news this week that Disney was set to release a 10-minute follow-up to Frozen alongside Cinderella, they immediately informed me and expected an ecstatic response. Perhaps surprisingly, even to me, I felt a twinge of disappointment.
- Leading experts and policy makers converged at a key conference this week to address failures in the current youth mental health service.
- The Archbishop of Canterbury joined religious leaders in Rome on Tuesday to sign a historic declaration to end modern slavery. Jewish rabbis, Sunni imams and Shia ayatollahs, Pope Francis, a Hindu guru and a Buddhist chief priest gathered together to help the 36 million people trapped in slavery of some kind today.
- This year’s National Prayer School encouraged the UK church to not be religious but to renew itself for a closer walk with God both individually and corporately.