July 10, 2014
- Numerous attacks on Christians have recently taken place in Iran. Sources close to Alliance member Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW) report that Mohammad Roghangir, Suroush Saraie and Pastor Matthias Haghnejad have been arrested by Iranian security forces.
July 9, 2014
- A bakery in Northern Ireland was asked to bake and supply a cake with an image of Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street with the slogan ‘support gay marriage’.
July 7, 2014
- It is 60 years since the 1954 Harringay Crusade, which Christians look back on as the closest we came to mass revival in 20th century Britain. Organised by Billy Graham and the Evangelical Alliance, the events, officially entitled the Greater London Crusade, took place in North London in the Harringay Arena and saw an aggregate attendance of two million people - the biggest Christian event of its kind in UK history....
July 4, 2014
- The idea of freedom in the US cannot be separated from its history, and this seems especially appropriate to consider on this day, the Fourth of July. It was originally envisioned as freedom from tyranny, and to go about one’s life without the interference of a distant authority. Anna Moyle writes for FNT
July 3, 2014
- Bringing people to a living faith in Christ is at the heart of a new series of testimonies and stories produced by Alliance member, Church Army. Their new ONE series - named after one God, one Church and one mission - celebrates how God is impacting people throughout the UK.
July 1, 2014
- The supreme court upheld the ban on assisted suicide (doctors helping patients to end their lives) on 25 June in response to three cases of appeal. Now opposes Lord Falconer's House of Lord's bill.
- Award-winning novelist Francine Rivers has written over 20 bestselling Christian novels. She became a Christian later in life and speaks to Sarah Stone about why she writes what she does, and her tips for young Christian writers.
- An evening of encouragement, inspiration and insight for all mums
June 27, 2014
- Glory! Outside church, you only normally hear people use the word ‘glory’ when talking or singing about football. I love football, but I love God much more. I’m fascinated and uneasy by the price I seem prepared to pay for a tiny share in World Cup glory.
June 26, 2014
- Christianity Explored Ministries (CEM) has announced a major new link up with Prison Fellowship International (PFI). Under the new initiative, the Christianity Explored Prisons edition course will form a key part of PFI’s strategy to take the gospel to one million prisoners throughout the world by 2020.