March 26, 2015
- The ‘gay cake’ case begins today in Belfast to decide whether Northern Ireland’s Equality Commission was right to rule Ashers Bakery had discriminated against a customer on grounds of his sexuality.
March 25, 2015
- The question is whether everyone’s freedom of conscience, religion and belief is more important than any one person’s right not to be offended.
March 24, 2015
- Preme James trained as a woodworker in Brooklyn, New York. She is now a furniture and product designer with a heart for social enterprise and vulnerable adults. She has spent time teaching unemployed adults to upcycle furniture and loves encouraging others. She is married and lives in Parsons Green.
March 23, 2015
- Harrogate’s New Life Church has launched its Connected curriculum for children and youth, aimed at helping children and young people develop hearts that are deeply connected to God, each other and the community around them.
March 20, 2015
- It’s a storm in a cake tin. Or actually it’s not, because the cake in question wasn’t baked. A while ago a campaigner for same-sex marriage, Gareth Lee, asked a bakery in Northern Ireland to make him a cake to support his cause with an iced topping that featured a slogan in favour of gay marriage, along with a picture of the Sesame Street characters Bert and Ernie.
- Kenny Borthwick leads Holy Trinity Church in the community of Westerhailes in Edinburgh. In this video he talks about the importance of meeting people where they are at, and reminds us that we need to make the face of God human for people in a way that is relevant and genuine.
- The Ashers case is due to heard next Thursday and Friday the 26-27th March. The Christian Institute have asked Aidan O'Neill QC to write an opinion on the case which is available here http://www.christian.org.uk/news/qc-watchdog-faces-avalanche-of-cases-if-ashers-loses/ He discusses the significant consequences for everyone if anyone is forced to express a view they disagree with. Trevor Phillips, the former head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission in England and Wales has been in the...
- Church leaders from across denominations have committed to renewed unity in evangelism and mission. They were brought together by HOPE, the Evangelical Alliance and the Church of England to consider how to help more people across the UK become followers of Jesus.
March 19, 2015
- With an election looming and the Conservatives desperately needing a successful pre-election launch pad, there was never any doubt that the budget would be shaped by election politics.
- Churches are invited this Easter to present the story of Jesus in a fresh way in their community and reach out with the good news.