August 4, 2014
- Britain has long been sought after as a wonderful haven for asylum seekers, many of whom are fleeing persecution, or even torture or death threats in their own country. Straight-talking campaigner and Boaz Trust, Dave Smith, paints a different picture, showing the other side of the story.
- A list of organisations and resources for churches who want to reahout to older people
August 1, 2014
- I’ve been working in daily news for just a few short months and I’m not sure I can cope. It’s the inescapable horror of so much of what we report. First it was Syria. Then Gaza. Then Iraq. Then back to Gaza. Then Central African Republic. Then the plane crashed in Ukraine. Then back to Gaza again.
- This year the nation is remembering 100 years since the start of the First World War and events to mark the outbreak of the conflict are being held across Britain this weekend. On 4 August 1914, following several days of other nations declaring war, the Germans invaded Belgium and the British government declared war.
July 31, 2014
- David Hilborn, former head of theology at the Evangelical Alliance, reflects on the current situation in Israel...
July 25, 2014
- Kurdistan has declared itself a safe-haven for Christian refugees, as Islamic State (ISIS) militants extinguish the Christian presence in Iraq’s second city, Mosul. According to news reports, every Christian has finally been driven out of the city.
- When trying to make sense from a biblical perspective of the recent spate of tragic plane crashes sparking international outrage, grief and fear, I’m overwhelmed.
- One People Commission leaders have joined other evangelical church leaders in calling for an end to female genital mutilation (FGM) in about 29 countries in Africa and Middle East where FGM is prevalent.
July 24, 2014
- Ann Clifford writes about the arts. "It’s too easy to get carried along by the TV series of the moment and fail to see the underlying intent of the creators. What is needed is a fresh outpouring of God’s creativity in the arts.
- The Commonwealth Games 2014 opened yesterday. Twelve major denominations and 35 ministries in Scotland are working together as More Than Gold 2014 during the Games. From its conception at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games the More Than Gold brand has been successfully used by host city churches at all major sporting events. Now, this year the baton has passed to Glasgow.