June 12, 2013
- In the Archbishop of York's foreword to the Faith in the Community report he encourages faith groups and local authorities to work together to help our local area flourish.
- Major week for Christian social action in Scotland
- The World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) and the Refugee Highway Partnership (RHP), a WEA Global Partner, are calling upon churches around the world to observe World Refugee Sunday on 16 or 23 June, as a day to remember and pray for those who are persecuted and oppressed around the globe.
June 11, 2013
- To mark National Blood Week (10-16 June), denominations, organisations and local churches are encouraging Christians to make a different kind of offering – to give their blood.
- Christians joined thousands gathered in London over the weekend to demand an end to global hunger.
June 10, 2013
- Faith in the Community report produced by Christians in Parliament and the Evangelical Alliance examines the relationship between local authorities and faith groups.
- Press Release: One hundred and fifty local authorities have given fresh insight into what exactly Christians contribute to their communities.
June 7, 2013
- David Cameron has presented a Big Society award to the Cinnamon Network because of their work, through churches, helping local communities.
- Carl Beech reflects on the trial of Pistorius for Friday Night Theology. Had a great deal of campaigners, already made up their minds within moments of the news reports?
June 6, 2013
- On Tuesday evening, the House of Lords decisively voted to allow the Marriage (Same-Sex Couples) Bill to move forward to its next stage. This has come as a surprise to many on all sides and as a disappointment to millions of Christians and members of other faith groups who supported Lord Dear's motion to oppose giving the Bill a Second Reading. That motion was defeated by 390 votes to 148.