April 22, 2014
- The Evangelical Alliance Scotland has launched a manifesto entitled What Kind of Nation? ahead of the Scottish independence referendum taking place in September. It comprises 38 recommendations covering the four pillars of Scottish society – the economy, the family, civil society and the environment.
April 19, 2014
- The Alliance has launched its manifesto, What Kind of Nation? – Manifesto for a Future Scotland to help guide Christians when they engage with politicians at an upcoming series of hustings being organised by the Alliance in June.
April 18, 2014
- “Awake, my soul. Awake, my soul. You were made to meet your maker."
- Each day throughout Holy Week, Christian leaders are reflecting on the words of Jesus on the cross. Jennie Pollock looks at "It is finished" John 19:29-30
- Each day throughout Holy Week, Christian leaders are reflecting on the words of Jesus on the cross. Fred Drummond looks at "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit." Luke 23:46
April 17, 2014
- Clapham, London, a popular spot for young mothers with children who stroll around the park of an afternoon, have been mystified in the past few weeks by the appearance of a woman dressed as a rabbit jogging around the park
- It’s become a bit of a thing in recent years for church leaders to be getting down on their knees in the streets of their towns on Maundy Thursday to shine people’s shoes. It causes passers-by to stop in their tracks.
- Each day throughout Holy Week, Christian leaders are reflecting on the words of Jesus on the cross. Amy Boucher Pye looks at: "I thirst." John 19:28
April 16, 2014
- Widowed young support day - The day will be an opportunity to relax in the company of people who understand first hand the pain of loss.
- I sometimes wonder what would happen if I walked up and down the street in which I live and asked people whether they knew the story behind this time of year.