October 6, 2015
- Nick Caine is director and founder of The A21 Campaign, alongside his wife Christine. A21 campaigns against human trafficking and fights slavery around the globe.
October 2, 2015
- There’s always been a sporting divide in my house. Growing up on the edge of London, my sporting diet was Leyton Orient and the terraces. My husband is from slightly better stock, went to boarding school and played rugby. The respective merits of the two games are still a frequent topic of conversation, and never more so than during a World Cup. From Japan’s heroic victory to England’s utterly mystifying last-minute capitulation, the tournament is already shaping up to offer us many a good life...
- The Build-A-Link Challenge, an initiative of national befriending network and Alliance member, Link Visiting, is a downloadable guide that encourages churches to increase their awareness of levels of loneliness in the local area, and gives them the tools to develop a picture of local partnerships and provision.
- Girls’ Brigade (GB) England & Wales members will be offered a free New Testament, thanks to The Gideons International.
September 29, 2015
- Our favourite new releases this month.
September 28, 2015
- The star of new film Captive has said it’s important not to “shy away” from playing dark characters.
September 25, 2015
- When I was at school I thought about cheating at a maths test. I’d heard rumours and stories from friends of ways of doing it and not getting caught. Some sounded preposterous, others convoluted and yet more seemingly destined to be discovered. The only one I toyed with for more than a moment was writing equations on the inside of a label around my water bottle.
- For most of us, just getting out of bed on a Monday morning can feel like climbing a mountain. So what is it that motivates people to attempt one of the most gruelling and perilous feats on earth - the summiting of Mount Everest?
September 23, 2015
- Christmas-themed resources for churches and schools.
September 22, 2015
- Organisational leadership is complex. In any context. Christian CEOs are exercised by a further challenge: what does it look like to lead an organisation in step with the Holy Spirit as well as alert to good strategic and organisational praxis?