October 1, 2014
- The Sudanese Christian woman who was sentenced to death for her faith will now campaign for religious freedom worldwide, she announced this week.
- In an age that celebrates freedom, equality and opportunity, too many people are subject to the horrors of slavery and trafficking. Slavery is a growing problem in the UK with thousands of victims being identified each year. Around the world, there are over 21 million people in slavery or being trafficked.
September 30, 2014
- Sunday, 16 November 2014 is this year’s International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church, and the Religious Liberty Commission is encouraging churches across the UK to unite in prayer for persecuted Christians on this day.
September 29, 2014
- Tabitha is a classical and musical theatre singer and actress with numerous national radio and TV performances under her belt. She has captivated audiences with roles in Phantom of the Opera, Les Misérables (also in the 2012 movie with Hugh Jackman) and Chess. She is currently co-writing and directing Love Beyond, a show at Wembley Arena.
- Calls from The Children’s Society and the Archbishop of Canterbury are urging people to lobby the House of Lords to protect children from the impact of debt and payday loans by promoting responsible credit and savings.
September 26, 2014
- This week, a mother was convicted of forgery after she submitted a fake tenancy agreement in order to secure a place at a high performing school for her daughter. She was fined £500 and sentenced to 100 hours of community service.
- Message Scotland launches next week, a mission passionately committed to investing time in projects that aim to serve local communities, recognising that as the Church reaches out to its neighbours, it itself is strengthened and encouraged.
- Church leaders gathered last night to launch a new DVD series that “defuses the belief blockers of our time”. Towards Belief, hosted by Karl Faase, explores issues like church abuse, suffering, the supernatural and homosexuality, talking to theologians and Christian leaders to canvas views on the tough topics.
September 25, 2014
- As politicians gather in parliament to consider joining a coalition of those involved in air strikes on Iraq, the Alliance issues a prayer for the wisdom of the politicians.
- With a recent consultation taking place on the location of abortions in Northern Ireland, David Smyth makes no apologies for writing about abortion again. The way we respond to the silent plight of the unborn speaks loudly of the value we place human dignity.