April 17, 2015
- There are a lot of people at the moment who want your vote and the politicians have been talking about the issues that they believe will win us over. But are we looking at the speck of sawdust in someone else’s eye while we ignore the plank in our own eye?
- Hustings is a great old English word used to describe pre-election debates. We hosted a hustings for the hotly contested East Belfast seat on Monday past – you can read what the Belfast Telegraph had to say here.
- Forty years ago Arun Sok Nhep made a promise. Like hundreds of thousands of others, he’d been imprisoned during the Pol Pot regime, but he vowed that if got saved his life and got him out of prison, he would one day return to serve the ethnic minority people of South East Asia.
April 16, 2015
- The following hustings are being co-hosted by the Evangelical Alliance in Northern Ireland, CARE and the local Church in the run up to the General Election on 7th May 2015.....
- Do you want to help shape church, politics and culture in Northern Ireland?
- Archbishop Justin Welby, leader of the Church of England, is to become the first patron of debt counselling charity Christians Against Poverty (CAP)
April 14, 2015
- Hustings events are taking place in churches all across the UK ahead of the general election on 7 May
- On 14 April 2014, over 250 young women were kidnapped from their boarding school in Chibok. Claire Rush of Girls' Brigade speaks about the situation today.
April 13, 2015
- To cast your vote on 7 May you must be registered, and there is only one week left to sign up for this.
April 10, 2015
- His crime was never in doubt. He had preached against and resisted Hitler’s regime as the head of Germany’s Confessing Church, and took part in a failed plot to assassinate him in 1944.