July 29, 2016
- Friday Night Theology looks back on a dangerous week for the Church.
July 28, 2016
- The Supreme Court has ruled that the Scottish government's plans to introduce a named person for every child cannot go ahead. The legal challenge led by Christian groups was successful in arguing the law could well breach human rights.
- The Metropolitan Police have advised those in charge of churches and church projects to “remain alert, but not alarmed”.
July 27, 2016
- The '50 things to do in church' is encouraging people to find new ways to use churches.
July 26, 2016
- Alliance member The Churches’ Child Protection Advisory Service (CCPAS) is urging churches to prepare for the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA), also known as the Goddard Inquiry, which will start hearing evidence from survivors of abuse this week.Alliance member The Churches’ Child Protection Advisory Service (CCPAS) is urging churches to prepare for the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA), also known as the Goddard Inquiry, which will start hearing evidence...
July 22, 2016
- Friday Night Theology looks back on another week of political turmoil and suggests ways Christians can carry a "different spirit".
July 21, 2016
- Since the moment a 'Leave' result was declared on the morning of 24 June, the landscape of politics in the UK and across Europe changed dramatically.
- After a frantic few months in Scottish politics, summer provides a chance to take stock and for us as Christians to consider how to engage in the ever changing context.
- In First Minister’s Questions on 12 July, at a time when Carwyn Jones would normally be expected to provide detail of Welsh Government’s programme for government for the upcoming year, he instead announced that this would be delayed until September, stressing that Brexit had “changed things fundamentally”.
- Last week at the Alliance headquarters in London, threads an initiative of the Evangelical Alliance, held an event for millennials to discuss the issues around Brexit and what our response should be going forward in this next tumultuous season.