August 19, 2014
- Church World Service Emergency Response Specialist Joann Hale of Grand Island, N.Y., died during the night of Sunday-Monday August 17-18 following a heart attack.
August 12, 2014
- Even as voluntary organizations help New York City with its long-term recovery from Superstorm Sandy, preparing for the next disaster is already high on their agenda.
August 4, 2014
- Thanks to an imaginative “matching grant” challenge, United Church of Christ congregations are outdoing themselves to make CWS School Kits.
July 24, 2014
- WeCount! in Florida and the Filipino Migrant Center in California are two organizations working to protect immigrants rights.
July 23, 2014
- A new water project in Myine Thar Yar in Myanmar provides a dependable supply of safe water for drinking and domestic use.
July 16, 2014
- Activists of faith in Portland, Ore., are making a positive difference, with an impact that can be felt nationally.
July 15, 2014
- Three years after the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan, CWS continues to support local partners working to help survivors.
July 9, 2014
- Government health workers travel to villages far outside major cities to educate local village health supporting group volunteers as part of CWS's Village-based Community Development project.
July 8, 2014
- In the Vietnam community of Muong Te, parents of kindergarten students have started along the path to improved nutrition.
July 3, 2014
- Yamazaki Nobuyoshi participated in the Asian Ministers Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction with the support of CWS-Japan.