April 28, 2016
- Grant-based program to bolster young clergy ranks has produced success stories, matching funding, officials say.
- The words that bind or hurt: “The United Methodist Church does not condone the practice of homosexuality and considers this practice incompatible with Christian teaching.”
- Members rescue Bible, candelabra, offering plates
- For years, Bishop Daniel Wandabula has pursued charges of attempted blackmail against three United Methodists while facing financial questions himself.
April 26, 2016
- Bishop calls on The United Methodist Church to continue to stand with protesting farmers and Lumads, some of who died in April 1 clash with authorities.
April 25, 2016
- As U.S. Supreme Court considers ruling on Obama Administration plans, New York Conference co-sponsors interfaith vigil featuring an original “dreamer.”
- Liberian refugees ask United Methodist Church’s help to return home.
- Portland, the host of the 2016 General Conference, is on the leading edge of finding new ways to do church for people who do not like church.
April 24, 2016
- Retired Bishop Melvin G. Talbert faced a complaint after performing a same-sex union in 2013. Now he and another pastor risk their clergy credentials.
April 22, 2016
- AU is “an investment in God’s preferred future for Africa and … the world,” says Bishop Minerva G. Carcaño, California-Pacific Conference.