April 23, 2015
- Every little thing about worship is glorious and celebrated in United Methodist churches in Côte d’Ivoire.
April 22, 2015
- The denomination’s Imagine No Malaria donation is the largest ever made to the Global Fund by a faith-based organization.
- United Methodist bishops Peggy Johnson, Jeremiah Park and Thomas J. Bickerton are asking lawmakers for protection against discrimination to all people, including gay and transgender people.
- United Methodist Bishop John K. Yambasu warned people to remain vigilant about Ebola as students return to school.
- “Bring Your Own Device” technology will provide translations at 2016 General Conference.
April 21, 2015
- The Commission on General Conference meets behind closed doors with advocacy groups to discuss alternatives for handling contentious debate on sexuality.
- Water kiosk at Red Bird Mission will offer clean water to 6,000 residents in remote Appalachia.
- Picketing over a provision to bar divorced clergy from nomination for United Methodist bishop in Liberia halted one session of the Liberia Conference.
April 20, 2015
- Members of Black Methodists for Church Renewal gather in Orlando for group’s 48th annual meeting.
- United Methodist Judicial Council decisions from spring meeting also include full restoration of African bishop’s salary.