October 18, 2016
- Liberia is now Ebola-free, but many stricken with the virus are now experiencing poor vision, fatigue and severe headaches.
October 17, 2016
- More than 500 laity from across the denomination signed a statement protesting the under-representation of laity on composition of A Way Forward.
- When The United Methodist Church’s top court meets Oct. 25-28, decisions by bishops regarding ordination in New York and Illinois will be reviewed.
October 14, 2016
- Gatherings educate youth and women delegates on issues facing The United Methodist Church. The delegates are preparing for Philippines Central Conference meeting.
- Pam Simon, a United Methodist, was shot with her boss, U.S. Rep. Gabby Giffords, and now joins her in advocacy.
October 13, 2016
- Ebola survivors in Sierra Leone face discrimination, financial difficulties, many health problems.
October 12, 2016
- Fierce storm has left nearly 1,000 dead in Haiti and at least 38 dead in the United States, with 19 of those in North Carolina.
October 11, 2016
- Bishop Emerson S. Colaw, remembered as a strong preacher and compassionate leader, died Oct. 11 at age 94 in Ohio. Colaw led the Minnesota Conference of The United Methodist Church from 1980-1988.
- After brutal attack, 100 in Beni received food and other aid from UMCOR and the United Methodist East Congo episcopal area.
October 10, 2016
- Participants leave open the possibility of doing their work within The United Methodist Church or outside it.