October 22, 2014
- United Methodist top court is considering whether pastor who performed same-sex wedding will retain ministerial credentials.
October 21, 2014
- Methodist Health System in Dallas will provide space for state-of-the-art Ebola treatment, in partnership with other local hospitals.
- United Methodist churches sharing grief, sending support to loved ones dying in Liberia and Sierra Leone of the deadly Ebola virus.
October 20, 2014
- A proposed advisory panel aims to give delegates a head’s up if a petition might violate the denomination’s constitution.
October 17, 2014
- A pastor sorts through the bad and good motivations for a clergy career.
October 16, 2014
- Methodists also saw an opportunity to drop barriers and serve community in the district where protests are occurring.
- The people of Miller McAllister United Methodist Church, Ganta, Liberia, are responding to people affected by Ebola with food and words of hope.
- The pilot school, although temporarily closed due to Ebola, showed the project’s potential for helping pastors-in-training.
October 15, 2014
- Because of stigma, no one living with HIV was willing to speak publicly at the AIDS workshop for United Methodist pastors.
October 14, 2014
- The United Methodist Commission on General Conference has launched a pilot project using tablet computers in hopes of easing preparation in central conferences.