June 24, 2016
- The Rev. Jisun Kwak of the Greater New Jersey Conference is suspended from work while under complaint.
- The U.S. Supreme Court ruling leaves undocumented families more vulnerable to deportation, some United Methodist leaders say.
June 22, 2016
- After General Conference 2016 told two general agencies to end membership in the faith coalition that supports reproductive health and abortion, the Oregon-Idaho Conference voted to join.
June 20, 2016
- General Conference budgets extra $ 5 million for training church leaders in central conferences.
June 19, 2016
- The Desert Southwest and California-Pacific conferences call for a halt to judicial actions related to church law that discriminates against LGBTQ people.
June 17, 2016
- New England delegates overwhelmingly say conference won’t honor church law regarding homosexuality.
- Florida Conference prayer vigil an outpouring of love for mass shooting victims, families.
June 16, 2016
- The 2016 General Conference voted to leave the number of U.S. bishops unchanged as church leaders consider changing the denomination’s map.
- New England board of ordained ministry follows five others in not considering sexual orientation in ordained ministry, while South Georgia voted to uphold the Book of Discipline’s stance.
- South African, ecumenical church leaders use 40th anniversary of Soweto uprising as backdrop for consultation on peacebuilding, reconciliation.