March 10, 2014
- New York Area Bishop McLee asks that trials of pastors who perform same-sex weddings stop as action against retired seminary dean ends.
- Decision by New York Conference to take a different path to resolution of Ogletree same-sex wedding complaint finds reactions mixed.
March 7, 2014
- The Rev. Heather Heinzman Lear wants “to reclaim the centrality of evangelism in the life of our churches.”
March 6, 2014
- The former U.S. Secretary of State, a lifelong United Methodist, and the church’s official women’s organization share a concern for women and children.
March 5, 2014
- The Rev. A.W. "Bill" Martin argues that the Articles of Religion should be changed to allow greater recognition of the Jewish Apocrypha.
March 3, 2014
- Tough new laws against homosexuality in Uganda and other countries will lead to "marginalization, harassment, and exploitation in our global civil society," some United Methodist leaders are saying.
February 28, 2014
- Many United Methodist conference treasurers have reason to sleep easier now than during the dark days of the 2009 recession.
February 24, 2014
- Two men, partners for 53 years, are to be wed Saturday by a retired United Methodist pastor in Dallas, despite church law.