February 20, 2017
- The United Methodist pension agency is planning for a low-carbon economy. For investors, the agency says, the move makes good financial sense.
February 16, 2017
- Trump’s executive order on immigration brings back memories for Japanese Americans, who this weekend mark the anniversary of a similar moment in history from the last century.
February 15, 2017
- Dallas’ St. Paul United Methodist, under the Rev. Richie Butler, seeks growth, influence even as it goes on National Register of Historic Places.
- Humberto Barralaga is one of more than 600 people arrested in federal immigration raids. He and others are seeing their families divided.
- Two United Methodist-related colleges say President Trump’s immigration orders hinder academic freedom.
February 14, 2017
- Katherine Johnson was one of three African-American women who had a key role in the early U.S. space program.
- Village attacks leave 15 people dead and more than 7,000 displaced, many of whom are United Methodists.
February 13, 2017
- A recent forum on sexuality at a local United Methodist Church was an effort to support denomination-wide conversations on LGBTQ people.
February 10, 2017
- Appeals court ruling stops ban of refugees from seven mostly Muslim countries.
- A partnership between United Methodist-related Emory University and others is improving the eyesight of Ebola survivors in Sierra Leone.