August 21, 2014
- The Ebola outbreak in Liberia is far more critical than has been reported, a United Methodist doctor just back from West Africa says.
- The precautions that protect against Ebola violate the cultural norms of West Africa.
August 20, 2014
- Violence protests follow the lockdown and curfew aimed at stopping spread of Ebola in Liberia.
- As world leaders arrive for U.N. summit, United Methodists invited to join Sept. 21 march in New York.
August 18, 2014
- Perkins’ Ted Campbell says editing task offered “tremendous learning curve.”
August 15, 2014
- United Methodists respond in the wake of a police shooting of an unarmed teenager.
- Support for Imagine No Malaria has strengthened hospitals and health systems, helping them respond during Ebola crisis.
- Members of two United Methodist churches in Eastern Ukraine continue to feel the impact of fighting between rebels and Ukrainian military forces.
August 14, 2014
- The Rev. George D. McClain remembers the 1964 Freedom Summer as beginning of his theological education.
August 13, 2014
- Ilda Massuanganhe Guambe, a 2011 graduate of United Methodist-related Africa University, has a passion to promote education for girls.