July 24, 2014
- Icon and civil rights activist Edith Lee-Payne, a United Methodist, says the struggle to achieve the Civil Rights Act of 1964 should never be forgotten.
- Between 2010 and 2012, the denomination more than doubled its percentage of ‘highly vital’ congregations in the U.S. Here’s what makes churches vibrant.
July 23, 2014
- United Methodists reflect on where they were during the summer of 1964 in Mississippi and the year in which the U.S. Civil Rights Act was signed.
July 22, 2014
- Scholar argues that Methodism’s founder encountered success as well as failure as a young missionary pastor.
July 21, 2014
- The leader of the United Methodist mission in Honduras discusses the root causes of why children take on the dangerous journey to the United States.
July 18, 2014
- The United Methodist Church’s top court is asked to review an appeals panel’s decision to reinstate clergy credentials.
July 17, 2014
- United Methodist North Texas Conference says out-of-court agreement with advocacy group will protect church members.
- The annual conference celebrates a record offering and approaches 60 percent of its $1 million goal.
July 16, 2014
- Rust College helped shape Kevin Kosh Jr.'s faith and put him on course for a career of empowering others.
- Tennessean photographer Larry McCormack hopes when viewers look at his visual mingling of past and present they get a sense of walking into history.