May 26, 2016
- Church leaders want the right people for the task of finding a way forward. Meanwhile, bishops still must deal with current church law.
May 21, 2016
- General Conference 2016 skirted division over human sexuality and focused on a wide range of matters.
May 20, 2016
- Israel-related amendment on socially responsibility investing fails, but General Conference supports advocacy letter for Palestinian village.
- A piece of legislation at the 2016 General Conference is calling for the United Methodist Church to advocate for the improvement of health care in the United States.
- The last day of General Conference 2016 began with passing a budget, ended trying to beat the clock.
- Circling the plenary floor, clergy, advocates and allies of queer people offer support to each other as global gathering ends.
- Delegates favor having pension board engage with companies on climate change.
- Delegates voted to increase budget to boost support of United Methodist theological education in Africa, Asia and Europe.
- General Conference 2016 had requested a review of constitutional paragraphs and past Judicial Council decisions for potential conflict.
- Mountain Sky Area bishop calls on General Conference delegates to “get out of that tomb.”