September 20, 2014
- A desperate bid to halt Ebola in Sierra Leone begins with panic buying followed by deserted streets.
September 19, 2014
- To honor International Day of Peace, United Methodist Women and partner groups organize symposium at Church Center for the United Nations.
September 18, 2014
- Ken Banks, developer of a free text-messaging system, on how the church and others are using technology to distribute vital information in West Africa.
- United Methodist Bishop John K. Yambasu encourages Sierra Leoneans to cooperate as government attempts to stop spread of Ebola.
September 17, 2014
- The more than 700 student volunteers who took part in Freedom Summer included United Methodists. Others were influenced by what they saw, heard, or read about in 1964.
- Munashe Furusa shares his plans for the United Methodist-related university, which has students from 23 African countries.
September 16, 2014
- Uncertainty for all on effects that ‘Yes’ vote would have on Scotland’s relations with rest of United Kingdom.
- Freedom Summer did not affect young man as he was growing up in Dallas, but learning about it years later had a profound effect.
September 15, 2014
- Pastors and members of United Methodist churches in Liberia have died of Ebola,while other members are quarantined.
- Chicago Temple also pledges to financially support its pastors if they face complaints for violating church law on such unions.