July 31, 2014
- Faith leaders and immigration activists plan to protest deportation of 1,100 people daily by President Obama's administration.
July 30, 2014
- Exceeding ambitious fundraising goals became a recurring theme at regional gatherings this summer.
- Traditionalists say proposed “amicable separation” for The United Methodist Church is off the table for now.
- A youthful Freedom School experience introduced a Dillard dean to Black History, a foreign language and photography.
- Month-long training at Perkins School of Theology equips Hispanic Methodist clergy with new knowledge and skills.
July 29, 2014
- Read reflections written by people who were in Mississippi that summer or elsewhere in the world watching and praying.
- Retired Bishop C. Joseph Sprague attributes his time at Freedom Summer with shaping who he is today.
- Freedom Schools in 29 states are helping more than 11,500 children develop a love for reading and gain extra self-esteem.
July 28, 2014
- Washington peace march highlights call by worldwide ecumenical movement, including United Methodists, for peace treaty after 61 years.