April 11, 2013
- Young people in the United Church of Christ attending General Synod in Long Beach, Calif., in late June will have three uniquely UCC ways for youth to become engaged in the biennial event.
- On a warm, damp night in April, the group from Church of Christ at Dartmouth College UCC stood watch on a wooded, rural road waiting for the salamanders to begin their dangerous migration from the vernal pools on one side to the safety of the forest on the other.
- The Rev. Matt Crebbin of Newtown Congregational UCC and fellow Newtown clergy are standing for the thousands who have fallen victim to gun violence. Joined by leaders of faith organizations in a 24-hour vigil, they are calling on Congress to vote on gun-violence prevention legislation.
April 10, 2013
- The tireless advocacy for the environment and dedication to preserving nature has become part of the DNA of Stanley Congregational United Church of Christ. As part of Mission 4/1 Earth, the New Jersey congregation will continue its eco-friendly work, leading by example and observing Earth Day on April 21.
April 9, 2013
- Peter Kageyema will speak at the United Church of Christ’s General Synod 2013 this summer in Long Beach, Calif., to inspire change through simple ideas that positively impact communities around the planet.
- Members of the United Church of Christ's Collaborative on Immigration will join tens of thousands of immigration activists at the A10 All in for Citizenship rally April 10 in Washington, D.C.
April 8, 2013
- Members of the Council for Youth and Adults Ministry of the United Church of Christ are on a mission to seek justice on issues of poverty, immigration and world hunger – and to see the places where youth ministry combines with justice advocacy. Where better to continue that work than at Ecumenical Advocacy Days in Crystal City, Va., during a three-day gathering dedicated to food justice, and at the UCC’s Justice and Witness Ministries office in Washington, D.C.?
April 6, 2013
- As thousands of Christians gather to pursue fair food policies and practices, the Rev. M. Linda Jaramillo of the United Church of Christ will share a faith-based and grassroots view to inspire action and change.
April 5, 2013
- In a move that forges a stronger relationship between the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and that celebrates 25 years of their ecumenical partnership, key national leaders in both denominations now have standing in the respective partner church, and are considered ordained ministers by both churches.
- Mission 4/1 Earth is an incredibly personal project for members of a Southern California church. Gina Low, a long-time member of the Woodland Hills Community Church congregation has just returned from the Amazon Jungle, where she spent months working to save the rainforest in remote river villages in the Loreto Region of Peru.