April 16, 2013
- Three media justice advocates will be recognized on Oct. 1 at the 31st Annual Everett C. Parker Ethics in Telecommunications Lecture and Awards Ceremony in Washington, D.C. The Parker Lecture is held each year by the United Church of Christ’s Office of Communication, Inc. (OC, Inc.) to recognize individuals making a difference in ethical broadcasting. One of the honorees, Hilary O. Shelton of the NAACP Washington Bureau and member of People's UCC in Washington, D.C., will present this year's...
April 15, 2013
- First one, then two explosions erupted near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday afternoon as runners approached the end of the 26-mile race.
- What began as the annual stream cleanup day in St. Peters, Mo., resulted in a surprising discovery and a very visual environmental lesson for a group from Grace United Church of Christ.
April 12, 2013
- The Rev. Bob Molsberry and his wife, Ann, think that as grandparents they should be part of their families’ lives, not occasional visitors just two to three times each year. That’s the primary reason why Molsberry tendered his resignation as minister of the Ohio Conference of the United Church of Christ, effective April 30.
- Old South Church in Boston United Church of Christ, one of the most historically significant churches in the United States, is moving forward with its vision to transform its antique Bay Psalm Book into 21st-century ministries.
- The UCC Minister for Racial Justice the Rev. Elizabeth Leung will join leaders of Christian denominations from across the United States in Birmingham, Ala., on April 14-15 to mark the 50th anniversary of MLK's “Letter from Birmingham Jail”.
April 11, 2013
- Young people in the United Church of Christ attending General Synod in Long Beach, Calif., in late June will have three uniquely UCC ways for youth to become engaged in the biennial event.
- On a warm, damp night in April, the group from Church of Christ at Dartmouth College UCC stood watch on a wooded, rural road waiting for the salamanders to begin their dangerous migration from the vernal pools on one side to the safety of the forest on the other.
- The Rev. Matt Crebbin of Newtown Congregational UCC and fellow Newtown clergy are standing for the thousands who have fallen victim to gun violence. Joined by leaders of faith organizations in a 24-hour vigil, they are calling on Congress to vote on gun-violence prevention legislation.
April 10, 2013
- The tireless advocacy for the environment and dedication to preserving nature has become part of the DNA of Stanley Congregational United Church of Christ. As part of Mission 4/1 Earth, the New Jersey congregation will continue its eco-friendly work, leading by example and observing Earth Day on April 21.