November 21, 2014
- No more broken families. Leaders of the United Church of Christ are deeply heartened today after President Barack Obama announced an executive action to shield up to 5 million immigrants living in the United Stated from deportation.
- The men and women charged with seeking out the next leader for the United Church of Christ concluded the first face-to-face gathering on Friday, Nov. 21, ready to dig into the work ahead in the coming months.
November 19, 2014
- UCC pastor the Rev. Starsky Wilson has been named co-chair of the Ferguson Commission by Missouri Governor Jay Nixon. The group is reviewing the underlying social and economic issues raised by events in Ferguson, and will issue a report with policy recommendations no later than Sept. 15, 2015.
- The Keystone XL Pipeline is a no-go—at least for now.
November 18, 2014
- Five executives of the United Church of Christ, along with area pastors and a seminary president, are calling for peace in Ferguson, Mo.—a peace based on justice in the shooting of an unarmed African-American teenager.
- Do your part to create peace. Participate in World Hello Day.
November 17, 2014
- A routine traffic stop changed the life of Misael Perez (Eleazar Misael Perez Cabrera). A native of Guatemala who built a life for himself as a roofer in the Phoenix area, Perez--facing deportation after police pulled him over--has now been taken into sanctuary at Shadow Rock United Church of Christ.
November 14, 2014
- Halfway around the world, a half-million dollars from the United Church of Christ has helped to feed, clothe and shelter the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines in the year since the storm struck.
November 13, 2014
- Political leaders once again promised to come together, as they always have in the In the aftermath of an election. But it's communities of faith that come together with secular organizations to support basic human needs.
- Call Kansas number 33. Same-sex marriages are not banned in Kansas anymore, and United Church of Christ ministers were quick to kick off the statewide celebration this morning.