September 1, 2014
- The United Church of Christ will be represented at the People's Climate March in full force, with thousands of members and leaders expected to make the journey to Manhattan to raise their voices and concerns about the fate of the planet during the Sept. 21 event.
August 29, 2014
- An initiative of United Church Funds, the Beyond Fossil Fuels Fund is gaining momentum with UCC churches, conferences and agencies that are eager to put the phrase "money talks" into action by using their investments to advocate for the good of the earth.
- Love trumps all. The Rev. Eliza Buchakjian-Tweedy, pastor of First Church Congregational United Church of Christ, wants to spread that message far and wide as a way to say thank you to supporters around the world.
August 28, 2014
- In another push for fair and humane treatment of immigrant children and families, advocates will gather in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, Aug. 28 for what is expected to be the largest act of civil disobedience in the history of the immigrant rights movement.
- Sometimes life's moral dilemmas aren't hypothetical; they are posed vividly before our nation and its leaders.
August 26, 2014
- As we approach Labor Sunday, Aug. 31 on the 2014 calendar, United Church of Christ members, ministers and leaders are preparing liturgy and worship services to lift up workers, celebrate their contributions and support their struggles. UCC Justice and Witness Ministries is also lifting up the Labor Day holiday as a time for congregations to consider a commitment to improving wages and working conditions through the Economic Justice Covenant Program, so that every worker is treated fairly and...
- The trip by Global Ministries executives this week to the Congo will reinforce the work of the Congo Initiative, the 18-month long program of the United Church of Christ and Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) that has focused resources, attention and assistance on the African nation. After more than a year of advocacy, prayer and solidarity, the Rev. James Moos and the Rev. Sandra Gourdet are ready to witness the fruits of that labor – and they both promise the care of their Congolese...
August 25, 2014
- About 50 supporters gathered at the UCC's Amistad Chapel on Aug. 25 to pray and stand in silent solidarity to remember the young African American man slain Aug. 9 by a white Ferguson police officer.
August 21, 2014
- Medicare is good for our seniors and good for our country - celebrate it, protect it, learn all you can about it.
- South Joplin Christian Church will celebrate the closing of the Mission Station, which played an integral role in housing UCC and Disciples volunteers, with Disciples and UCC regional and conference ministers, volunteers and friends.