October 20, 2014
- The Rev. Bryan Sickbert is ending one ministry when he retires at the end of the year, concluding more than two decades of service as president and CEO of the Council for Health and Human Services Ministry of the United Church of Christ. But in retirement, he’ll continue a personal ministry, planning to spend less time ‘doing’ and more time ‘being.’
October 18, 2014
- In his first term as an executive in the United Church of Christ, the Rev. James A. Moos has felt energized through his daily work with committed and capable people. It is in that spirit that Moos, executive minister of the UCC Wider Church Ministries and co-executive of Global Ministries, is eager for a second term.
October 17, 2014
- As the Ebola outbreak touches more people in our country, UCC leaders and health advocates are urging people of faith to arm themselves with the facts regarding this epidemic and respond as individuals and church communities are they are able.
- For the first time in recent history, the national setting of the United Church of Christ will operate on a balanced budget in 2015, a big step toward fulfilling a promise for fiscal stability made last year by both the national officers of the church and the United Church of Christ Board.
October 16, 2014
- The Rev. James A. Moos was “stunned and saddened” to learn that several people were hurt and three innocent people died after a church in the Philippines, an ecumenical partner of Global Ministries and the United Church of Christ was bombed.
October 15, 2014
- As part of its commitment to compassionate engagement with contemporary issues, Lancaster Theological Seminary is hosting an open gathering of worship and education that will focus on issues of race and violence in communities.
- The youth and young adults of the United Church of Christ will experience General Synod 2015 by exploring and engaging the Cleveland, Ohio, community in ways that strengthen their faith.
October 14, 2014
- In an effort to enhance its economic justice ministries in all settings, the United Church of Christ hosted 30 diverse leaders from the life of the church in Cleveland.
- The UCC minister for youth advocacy and leadership formation was one of more than 50 clergy, civil rights activists and students arrested for acts of civil disobedience in the Greater St. Louis area on Moral Monday.
October 11, 2014
- It didn't happen exactly as they hoped, except for the end result. When Kathi Smith and Lisa Cloninger return home from their honeymoon, their marriage will be recognized by the state of North Carolina.