August 1, 2014
- Kim Bobo gaveher fellow United Church of Christ members an avenue to put their faith into action by advocating on matters of fair wages, paid sick days and wage theft.
- Despite the demonstration that resulted in the arrests of nearly 120 faith leaders and immigration activists outside of the White House in support of the nation's immigrants on July 31, lack of support forced House Republicans to scrap an emergency spending measure to address the surge of young Mexican and Central American refugees fleeing to the United States.
July 31, 2014
- And how are the children? Justice for everyone comes when we can truly say, "all the children are well."
- As the death toll climbs each day in the conflict between the Israeli military and Hamas forces in Gaza, leaders from the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) are praying for a break in the violence that has killed hundreds of children and thousands of civilians.
- In a massive act of civil disobedience, more than 130 faith leaders and immigrant rights activists from across the United States will risk arrest to demand that President Barack Obama put an end to mass deportations of men, women and children that result in the separation of immigrant families.
July 30, 2014
- United Church of Christ pastors and religious leaders across the Michigan Conference of the UCC are voicing their concerns about water shut-offs in Detroit.
- The United Church of Christ General Synod 30 organizing committee kicked off fundraising efforts with an event at the Cleveland Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), preparing for 2015 when the denomination's biennial event that will be held in Cleveland, June 26-30.
July 29, 2014
- While United Church of Christ advocates celebrate another victory for marriage equality in Virginia, which will clear the way for same-sex marriages in that part of the country, the religious freedom of clergy in North Carolina is still threatened.
- As part of an annual day of food, fun and fellowship, the United Church of Christ’s Franklinton Center at Bricks (FCAB) will be honoring one of the church’s pioneers, the Rev. Yvonne Delk, during Franklinton Center Day, August 2, in celebration of her four decades of ministry, and her life-long pursuit of human and civil rights for African Americans, children and the poor.
July 28, 2014
- The Rev. Mike Schuenemeyer, representing the United Church of Christ at the 20th International AIDS Conference in Melbourne, Australia was among many at the gathering who believe the faith community will help pave the way.