July 1, 2016
- Today in Greensboro - Friday
- Friday at noon Bethany Seminary alumni, faculty, students, and friends gathered for fellowship, to hear remarks from Bethany president Jeff Carter, and to be challenged by words from a panel of presenters.
- “It sounds trite, but it’s true,” said Steven Schweitzer at a Jubilee Insight Session this afternoon, “We are to be the light of the world.”
- Shawn Kirchner, Mutual Kumquat, and Andy and Terry Murray performed in a hymn sing and concert sponsored by Bethany Theological Seminary, after worship on the first evening of the 2016 Annual Conference. The Guilford Ballroom at the Koury Convention Center in Greensboro, N.C., was packed with Brethren eager to sing their hearts out and hear the work of these fine musicians.
With various states enacting laws giving rights to some while restricting the rights of others, the...
- After a morning of spirited discussion among delegates, “Query: Same Sex Weddings” continues to be on the business floor of Annual Conference. A Standing Committee recommendation on the query failed to gain a two-thirds majority vote. A motion to return the query was made immediately before the end of the morning business session.
- Friday Night Theology looks back on a referendum that for many was about home...
- First-ever U.N. event brings together 9,000 people from 173 countries, including 55 heads of state