April 26, 2015
- With less than two weeks to go until the general election a new survey from the Evangelical Alliance finds that nearly a quarter of evangelical have yet to decide how to cast their vote.
April 25, 2015
- On April 25, a powerful earthquake rocked the country of Nepal and northern India. Over one thousand people are reported to have been killed.
- Seventh-day Adventist doctors and ADRA workers sprang to work in Nepal after a powerful earthquake killed more than 1,800 people on April 25. The Adventist hospital near Nepals capital, Kathmandu, was overflowing with patients injured by the 7.8 magnitude earthquake, ...
Please keep the people of Nepal and other affected areas in your prayers, after a 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit less than 50 miles from Kathmandu on Saturday. The quake struck shortly before noon local time. At the time of this posting, CNN reports that Nepal’s National Emergency Operation Center had announced an estimated death toll of 1,457, which is expected to rise.
“In tragedies such as this, our faith calls us to compassion and solidarity with those who have suffered...
- Orthodox participants included [from left] Donna Karabin, Nicholas Anton, Protopresbyter Michael Kontogiorgis, John Paterakis, and Arlene Kallaur.
Representatives of the Orthodox Church in America were among the participants representing 37 member faith traditions at the Church World Service [CWS] Annual Members’ Meeting here April 16-17, 2015.
Representing the OCA were Arlene Kallaur...
April 24, 2015
- Ο Υπουργός Εξωτερικών της Ελλάδος κ. Νίκος Κοτζιάς επισκέφθηκε σήμερα 24 Απριλίου 2015, τον Σεβασμιώτατο Αρχιεπίσκοπο Αμερικής κ. Δημήτριο στην έδρα της Ιεράς Αρχιεπισκοπής Αμερικής.
Some concerns regarding Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act abated, others remain
April 24, 2015
[Episcopal Church Office of Public Affairs press release] The daily Eucharist presiders and preachers for The Episcopal Church 78th General Convention have been named. Additionally, opportunities for prayer both for those attending General Convention as well as those following from afar have been announced.
The Episcopal Church’s 78th General Convention, June 25 – July 3, will be held at the Salt Palace...
Homelessness remains a pressing issue in America. According to the most recent data available, at least 100 million people around the globe are considered homeless. More than 3.5 million people residing in the United States are homeless and 25% are under the age of 18. Whereas homelessness is rooted in poverty in countries like India, Nigeria, and France, the U.S. has seen an increase in homelessness due to a variety of factors. They include – but are not limited to –...